Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Summernationals Schedule?

What is the hold up with the schedule? It is usually out first week of December. Have not heard anything.

Maybe Illinois lock down orders causing problems?

Could be but nearly every track raced all of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by PushinDad View Post
    Maybe Illinois lock down orders causing problems?
    They're already locked down through June?

No, but also no indication if and when they will be able to open. Certain areas of the state are still dealing with lock downs. A lot of uncertainty for promoters in several states. Not seeing many track schedules for Illinois tracks so far. Just a thought on a possible reason. Anyone who knows more, please weigh in.

2 dates that I have seen so far are Fairbury Speedway and Fayette County Speedway.
    Fairbury - Sat., June 19th
    Fayette Co. - Sat., July 3rd
    Also heard Kankakee will again be one of the first few races on the schedule.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Currently in Illinois you are prohibited to be served a meal or a drink indoors. Worrying about something 5 months away seems pointless.

Their are bars and restaurants still operating in Illinois. Trust me. Some business owners are saying FY this go round.
    Being from Illinois, Covid didn't slow down my racing schedule this past year. Just started a little bit later than normal.
    8/13/16

Luckily most dirt tracks are in rural areas
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Their are bars and restaurants still operating in Illinois. Trust me. Some business owners are saying FY this go round.Being from Illinois, Covid didn't slow down my racing schedule this past year. Just started a little bit later than normal.
    I've been seeing on Facebook Brian Shirley has kept his place open

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    I've been seeing on Facebook Brian Shirley has kept his place open
    Yup. And he's been pretty vocal about it. Local police in my town say they won't enforce it.
    8/13/16

I know several places that have tried to stay open. Some have fell victim to the health czars and had a license revoked. I feel sorry for all of them. Also I feel for all the musicians that can't get a gig now because very few places are allowing any live music currently. Recovery for some will be a huge challenge. The legislature hasn't done much in 6 months in Illinois. The governor has dictated all the closures.

I figure by time I'm eligible to get the vaccine there will be plenty of evidence on the vaccines effectiveness. After all the healthcare workers, firemen, policemen, teachers deservedly get theirs. The nursing home residents, politicians, convicts, athletes get theirs, maybe I'll be able to get in line by June or July.

Quote Originally Posted by kipling View Post
    I figure by time I'm eligible to get the vaccine there will be plenty of evidence on the vaccines effectiveness. After all the healthcare workers, firemen, policemen, teachers deservedly get theirs. The nursing home residents, politicians, convicts, athletes get theirs, maybe I'll be able to get in line by June or July.
    Unless you're in one of the vulnerable groups it doesn't make much sense to get a vaccine that is 95% effective for a virus that 99.9% of people survive. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Unless you're in one of the vulnerable groups it doesn't make much sense to get a vaccine that is 95% effective for a virus that 99.9% of people survive. Just my opinion.
    I just hope American people as a whole realize we can’t be a hospitality nation. People that manufacture have never been deemed non-essential. If we don’t make anything we are useless to the rest the world.

Sitting in a local restaurant now enjoying a good supper

Somehow we are all in a "vulnerable" group

hearing Illinois supposed to be opening back up in January... 4th, 11th, or 18th

There is no such thing as summer in Illinois 👍

what a moron
    8/13/16