Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Chili Bowl Entries Approach 300

It's the day after Christmas and at last count The Chili Bowl entries are at 293 cars. It's safe to say they'll go well over 300 again this year.

16 days 'till Tulsa Time!!

Hope you had a great Christmas CIRF 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Hope you had a great Christmas CIRF 
    Thanks. We did. Hope you and yours did too.

We did. Thank you.

I don’t think CIRF truly celebrates Christmas until Chili Bowl weekend 😜

That statement is closer to being correct than it is to being wrong.

The racing is beyond good. It's epic at least 3 out of the 5 preliminary nights year in and year out and the Saturday Night C main's, the B main and the A main finale' is so tension filled that you can cut it with a knife.

But, what we most look forward to is spending a week with friends from all over the eastern 1/2 of the U.S. Our group consists of 3 married couples, a father and son and the father is in an east coast asphalt super-modified hall of fame from Massachusetts. Also guys from Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Illinois, Indiana, and Minnesota.

There are several of our group that aren't comfortable coming to Tulsa this year. Understandable, for sure. We certainly hope the whole gang will be once again meeting up in Tulsa come January of 2022.

Been to a lot of BIG dirt racing events, including over 20 World Hundreds, several Dream's, several Dirt Track World Championship's, and NOTHING comes close to The Chili Bowl. I've been to a couple prelim nights at The Knoxville Sprint Car Nationals and that is as close to The Chili Bowl as I've ever experienced.

You need to get yourself to Tulsa sometime, Raj, even though Kevin won't be racing!

I’m just not that into the wingless sprint car stuff. Just not my cup of tea. I like wings and/or full body cars.

But I totally understand the people/friends side of it. 2020 was great around here with pre race tailgates (bigger and better than ever before at the local Dirt tracks)

Please, for the love of God!! Get your facts and terminology correct!! Chili Bowl cars are NOT wingless sprint cars. They are nothing remotely similar to wingless sprint cars. They're commonly known as midgets. They have 4 cylinder engines making approximately 400 horsepower and the Chili Bowl specific cars weigh in at around 800 lbs. Yes, the Chili Bowl teams that are the most serious about winning the whole thing bring midgets to Tulsa that race just one event a year, The Chili Bowl. Wingless sprint cars, on the other hand, are predominantly equipped with V-8 engines producing 900+ horsepower and the USAC version is required to weigh in at 1375 lbs. including the driver. As you can see, they are totally different beasts!

It's good that you take no interest in The Chili Bowl. A normal year we see the Expo Center sold out to the tune of 15,000 people 5 of 6 nights with the only exception being Monday night which is opening night. There are regularly 1,000 or more people in the pits on any given night, as well. Tickets are commonly passed down from generation to generation by way of people's wills and estate planning. Very tough ticket and getting tougher every year. Your late model and winged sprint car snobbery is depriving you of a week of the best racing you'll likely to see all year long.................but carry on! LOL!
    Last edited by CIRF; 12-29-2020 at 08:40 PM.

Wingless sprints/midgets are just not exciting to me as a fan (I’m sure driving them would be awesome) for watching I’d just assume watch paint dry. Not my thang.

I’d be glad to come tailgate with you. I will bring all the food and drink and games. We can sit and chat and debate about best late model driver. 😜I’m still considering throwing some purse money out there this year in a couple of races. Maybe 500$ Additional for feature winner a few times this summer. Not much but I’d like to contribute some considering how hard these folks are working to put on a good show for us fans.

Just not my thing CIRF. That doesn’t mean I hate the teams/drivers.

Obviously The Chili Bowl isn't everyone's "thing" but to a lotta' folks it is their "thing" as reflected by the car count going over 300 again this year in spite of the virus and 25% crowd restrictions!

https://speedsport.com/sprints-midge...00-once-again/

They get a good crowd. No doubt about it. It looks like Kyle Bush is getting his son into the micro sprint stuff at Millbridge. I see him in the chili bowl in a few years. Brexton Bush. He will be getting ROWDY in Tulsa.

What many of us would love to see is Busch strapping into a real racecar at The Chili Bowl and feed Sammy (you know, Kevin's daddy) a dirty right rear. It'd be so much fun watching another 60 something year old man kick Busch's ass like Richard Childress did a few years ago. I'd be willing to lay odds that Busch would be as hapless as your late model hero bloomy was at The Chili Bowl! LOL!

Great except the fact that Kyle Wins and his son will have the best of everything (equipment). Bloomer has a record of winning also.

Oh and sorry. The micro stuff and even the midgets are not real race cars. Come on now CIRF. Get with the program son. 😜

One thing is for sure, if Busch's kid wins in a dirt open wheel car the kid will have done something that his father has never been able to do and bloomy's record driving anything but late models and UMP style modified's speaks for itself. Which is to say it's abysmal and embarrassing.

Larson, on the other hand has won races in everything he's ever driven from a Daytona Prototype to almost everything that races on dirt.

Just wondering how ya' think Busch would fair if he fed Sammy a dirty right rear at The Chili Bowl? I'd bet on Sammy kickin' Busch's ass, wouldn't you? LOL!