Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lodging East Bay

What do you recommend for lodging at East Bay? Hotels, resorts, campgrounds, etc. next month will be my first trip to East Bay (finally)

Hotels & plenty of restaurants in Brandon...

Brandon looks close to the track👍

I used VRBO. Got a condo in ruskin, a community called little harbor. For the price and the amenities you get, it was a better value than a hotel in my opinion.

Its my first trip down also, see you there.

Thanks for the tip. 👍

If you haven't made reservations already you might in trouble. Vacancy wise and cost wise. Could help if they announce early enough for limited capacity for the Super Bowl then there could be a lot of cancellations
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Brandon looks close to the track
    The last few years we have stayed at the Clarion Inn in Brandon, located on Adamo Dr., about a 10 minute drive to the track, only 2 turns. Others near by, Red Roof Inn, LaQuinta, Motel 6. Hooters about 2/3 blocks from Clarion. There is paid camping (no Hookups) at the track.

I will be there all week (Mon.-Sat.) camping at the track this year. This will be my 21st year. Here is the phone number for Clairon 813-621-5555 on Adamo drive.
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    If you haven't made reservations already you might in trouble. Vacancy wise and cost wise. Could help if they announce early enough for limited capacity for the Super Bowl then there could be a lot of cancellations
    The Super Bowl is the reason they mover the date up, they are not the same week now. Jan 25-30. I wouldn't think rooms will be a problem now.

Quote Originally Posted by d-glenn View Post
    The last few years we have stayed at the Clarion Inn in Brandon, located on Adamo Dr., about a 10 minute drive to the track, only 2 turns. Others near by, Red Roof Inn, LaQuinta, Motel 6. Hooters about 2/3 blocks from Clarion. There is paid camping (no Hookups) at the track.

I will be there all week (Mon.-Sat.) camping at the track this year. This will be my 21st year. Here is the phone number for Clairon 813-621-5555 on Adamo drive.
    Get BB to come to East Bay again.

Quote Originally Posted by d-glenn View Post
    The last few years we have stayed at the Clarion Inn in Brandon, located on Adamo Dr., about a 10 minute drive to the track, only 2 turns. Others near by, Red Roof Inn, LaQuinta, Motel 6. Hooters about 2/3 blocks from Clarion. There is paid camping (no Hookups) at the track.I will be there all week (Mon.-Sat.) camping at the track this year. This will be my 21st year. Here is the phone number for Clairon 813-621-5555 on Adamo drive.
    Awesome. Thank you. Some tailgating is the plan👍👍👍

I talked to BB last week and he said, he would like to come, but not sure yet.
    Last edited by d-glenn; 12-27-2020 at 11:26 AM.

If you're there you might as well go to the beach. You can stay for a similar price. Plenty of good places to eat. Things to do in the day. Fish, relax, ride bikes, eat more. St. Pete, Treasure Island, Clearwater are all similar drives. I used to stay closer to the track back in the day when there was 70+ cars and hang out more at the track but anymore just enjoy the warmth and sunshine and then the racing at night.

Quote Originally Posted by roughride View Post
    If you're there you might as well go to the beach. You can stay for a similar price. Plenty of good places to eat. Things to do in the day. Fish, relax, ride bikes, eat more. St. Pete, Treasure Island, Clearwater are all similar drives. I used to stay closer to the track back in the day when there was 70+ cars and hang out more at the track but anymore just enjoy the warmth and sunshine and then the racing at night.
    I think that's good advice. Make it a vacation, with racing in the evening. I'm sure some are coming from areas with much tougher Covid restrictions. Florida will be refreshing.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Airbnb's in brandon

VRBO is the way to go,IMO. Can't argue with an entire house or Condo for cheaper or about the same price as a motel. My wife and I started taking our Corgi with us on vacation for the last four years so we did houses or condos. We lost our boy last month,but we may still continue to do the house thing from now on.
    Formerly 66#1

Does the racing run late at East bay or is the track usually run like a well oiled machine?

Does the racing run late at East bay or is the track usually run like a well oiled machine?
    Earliest nights at a dirt track all year long. 1 division and they roll through the races.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Earliest nights at a dirt track all year long. 1 division and they roll through the races.
    Outstanding 👍. I will Come early for tailgating 👍

Outstanding . I will Come early for tailgating 
    Honestly I usually don’t watch hot laps or qualifying but I recommend it there otherwise you feel like you got shorted lol one night I think heats and features were done in about 1.5 hours

Good to know 👍. Sounds like my kind of place. I hate sitting through 6 divisions to eventually watch supers run a 40 lap feature.