Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 0cents View Post
    A few names off the top of my head that I didn't see on the entry list and thought would be on there.

Overton
    Babb
    Feger
    Ferguson
    Shirley
    I think it's possible Shirley might attempt running Lucas again when they see where they are after speedweeks. They have all the Lucas events listed. Second part of Volusia also.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by Packin' Meat View Post
    I see a driver in the IMCA/WISSOTA Mod out of Kansas by the name of Jordy Nelson. That isn't THE Jordy Nelson is it?!?
    This Jordy Nelson has been racing at Beatrice Speedway for about 25 years, maybe longer.

Quote Originally Posted by raburke23 View Post
    Lucas won't reschedule the Atomic and Brownstone Weekend. Those raced have been that weekend for years. Also, no urgency for late models to enter since there is no cap. You'll see all the reghlar WoO guys for sure.
    This. I’m not sure how people got the idea Lucas would shuffle the schedule just accommodate Bristol. Strickler and EPJ entering have nothing to do with Lucas cancelling. They probably didn’t know there wasn’t a cap and entered anyway just in case Lucas was cancelled because of weather/pandemic.

Alot of things we don’t know about the super late model side. Most being the total payout. 50k to win is great, but if 5th place is only 3k and start money is 1k. What’s the point of paying 50k then? Not everybody showing up to race is racing for the winners purse. The entry list reminds me of Gateway, a complete mix of drivers from all over with a couple of big dogs thrown in. Nothings wrong with that, it’ll be cool to see a big event without every single Lucas/WoO guy in the field.

So probably not the former NFL player Jordy Nelson then.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    At least half an probably 2/3 reds of those on the super list have no business being there most of them couldn't win a Saturday night race much less up there.
    Not a popular opinion, but I somewhat agree. 1/2 to 2/3d's so far really have no chance on making money. I guess it shows who's racing on a budget and who's not.
    8/13/16

Husker, Jordy has only been racing since 2000, so only 20 years all but 1 in an IMCA Modified.

Mark responded to this tweet saying Rocket1 will only be there for the WoO events.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Rocket_Ch...94229685678085
    Last edited by NeedforLM$peed; 12-29-2020 at 01:55 PM.
    2021 race count
    6 events

If all that lower class mess is running be mains and features or god forbid heats too the same days as supers 10 and 50k’s I’ll be at the house.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Did you look at the schedule dirt crow?
    2021 race count
    6 events

They already have a schedule posted, heats and features Monday to Thursday for all the undercard classes. That sets up LCQ's and Features for the support classes on Friday, and the same for the others on Saturday, plus then full Super Late events on Friday and Saturday.

Just seen daily schedule. I’m out!! Those lower class races will be a cluster. Those non driving sob’s can’t keep em straight on small tracks, no way they will on a large 1/2 mile. Spins after spins. I’ll wait till April and see if the WoO shows have less support classes.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

The Late Models have the same UMP mods and the Undercard, and the Sprints have the SDS Big Blocks on the undercard.

Quote Originally Posted by slideiton View Post
    The Late Models have the same UMP mods and the Undercard, and the Sprints have the SDS Big Blocks on the undercard.
    You talking April? One support class each night?
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Yes, the April races, just one support class.

I would think by Friday and Saturday most of the non driving sob's will be thinned out for the features
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    I would think by Friday and Saturday most of the non driving sob's will be thinned out for the features
    You’d think, but they won’t. They get crazier come feature time. Anybody that’s ever went to the 72 hours of Phenix City knows this. The lower class feature events, they lucky if they make 2 laps without a spinner. I can’t sit through that no more. Lol
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by slideiton View Post
    Yes, the April races, just one support class.
    See you all in April!!!!
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

I counted...........
    96 supers
    166 ...602"s
    168.....604's
    182..... hornets

I did't even count the modifieds, But my thinking is Why not run 1 or 2 divisions per day.....complete show.
    Like Monday, they could run the 182 Hornets only complete show. This would give people the option on which day to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    I counted...........
    96 supers
    166 ...602"s
    168.....604's
    182..... hornets

I did't even count the modifieds, But my thinking is Why not run 1 or 2 divisions per day.....complete show.
    Like Monday, they could run the 182 Hornets only complete show. This would give people the option on which day to go.
    That poor track lol

The layout of the week looks right for a large field of cars, considering the quantity of cars that the promoters are used to dealing with at Vegas the format just extends the event from 3 classes in 3 days to 7 classes in 6.