Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

No Overton on Super list

Out of the 22 that ran either WoO or Lucas last year> 5 entries. I think a lot will pass on this event.
    8/13/16

Drivers have a day to accept their spot on the entry list, so those lists will likely be changing slightly over the next day or two.

At least half an probably 2/3 reds of those on the super list have no business being there most of them couldn't win a Saturday night race much less up there.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    At least half an probably 2/3 reds of those on the super list have no business being there most of them couldn't win a Saturday night race much less up there.
    Neither do guys that have run national tours over the years. They pay the same to get in and are racers also.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    Which is exactly what the World 100 used to look like. It’s an event. Those guys are just going to be part of and to say they drove Bristol. Good for them.

Yea I remember going to the World 100 and seeing 220 cars and about 80 or so were real slow and were there for the party. I also remember seeing some good drivers not make the fast 120. But if memory serves me right they had 180 or so cars at the first Bristol race and alot of them looked like a fish out of water.

Quote Originally Posted by LM1M View Post
    No Overton on Super list
    The race is 3 months away.

Lucas won't reschedule the Atomic and Brownstone Weekend. Those raced have been that weekend for years. Also, no urgency for late models to enter since there is no cap. You'll see all the reghlar WoO guys for sure.

Yea and if guys are getting bonus money from lucas I highly doubt you see them there. The name that surprises me that's not there is Brandon Shepperd, among others. If team valvoline doesn't go you would think his B5 family car would be entered. It won't surprise me if guys do pass, at the speeds there going to be moving it's going to take a big motor among other things that are going to be costly.

If Lucas races rocket 1 would probably go to atomic and brownstown

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    If Lucas races rocket 1 would probably go to atomic and brownstown
    Rocket is a sponsor at Atomic, or at least that Rocket billboard in turn 3 would suggest.

I agree with bk....good for them.

I read through all that and it was cool to see names from my region ....even in the hornet division.

Really cool.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Rocket is a sponsor at Atomic, or at least that Rocket billboard in turn 3 would suggest.
    Those billboards have been there for a couple years. Brad posted the track sponsors earlier today, there wasn't a rocket chassis logo on there. The carpet outlet billboard up there no longer sponsors the track either.

I see a driver in the IMCA/WISSOTA Mod out of Kansas by the name of Jordy Nelson. That isn't THE Jordy Nelson is it?!?

Wouldn't surprise me. Jordy is a real wheelman.

The only thing that is going to be good at Bristol is the 2 woo weekends they are going to have so many cars there they will keep the race track wore out an nascar going to be a joke the sprint race should be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Those billboards have been there for a couple years. Brad posted the track sponsors earlier today, there wasn't a rocket chassis logo on there. The carpet outlet billboard up there no longer sponsors the track either.
    The 2021 schedule lists the series that will run there. The website does have a Rocket logo at the bottom of the page, either they're paying or getting free advertising.

A few names off the top of my head that I didn't see on the entry list and thought would be on there.

Overton
    Babb
    Feger
    Ferguson
    Shirley

Its a different Jordy Nelson. The NFL WR is not a racer.