Default Favorite local/regional series?

What are your favorite local/regional series in your area. For me in the Carolinas I’d have to say for late models = Blue Ridge Outlaws. Sprint cars = Carolina Sprint Tour. I do appreciate all of them. Ultimate/Fuel and a few others.

Regional series are why weekly super racing is largely in the past for much of the country. The real answer to this question should be none.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

A one time I had an alphabet soup of regional tours running around me, from the WDRL, TORA, NASCAR BAST, CNCTA, the Deery Bros, but now just down to the Malvern Bank Series and possibly a close MLRA event. Sprint car wise Nebraska had regional unsanctioned 360 tours and then years of the ASCS Midwest Tour, even the short lived National Sprint League, now just the NE360's and the Racesaver Sprint Series of Nebraska.

MLRA series

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Regional series are why weekly super racing is largely in the past for much of the country. The real answer to this question should be none.
    Good point. Personally I like what I’m seeing where I live. I’m sure that varies by location/person. Supers were already gone around here.

Dirt Kings.

In Wisconsin it is the closest for me to watch in person. Actually I think it has helped and complimented some of the weekly tracks, especially on the eastern side of the state. Without that series I don't think late models would be as healthy as they are in eastern Wisconsin.

Western Wisconsin has long had a great dirt racing stronghold with many really good drivers, tracks, and special events. WISSOTA, the Challenge Series, and especially places like Cedar Lake Speedway, make for lots of opportunities to watch quality LM shows but the eastern part of the state was falling away a few years back. I would say the Dirt Kings tour actually helped a few weekly tracks in the eastern half of the state by having another close option for some of the weekly racers.

The shows are a real value for the fan too. A few years back Lucas Oil came to 141 Speedway and later in the season DK ran a special there too. I paid $35 for LOLM and $18 for DK. DK had a better car count and I'd argue a much better feature event.

I hope they keep this one going. I just don't think a track's total success/failure is tied to one class of cars, especially on dirt. I love late models but many times I come away from a certain track in my area knowing that the late model show was the snoozer of the night and the mods and IMCA stockers put on the real races of the evening. The regional tour isn't going to change that.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

Around the Mid-South, regional series were formed because late models died out as a local class. MARS originally formed the year after Batesville and West Plains dropped LMs from the weekly show. At that time only Harrisburg and Malden still ran LMs in the area, but car counts were dying. This was 20 years ago. Anyways, to answer the question: my fav regional series is the Comp Cams Super Dirt Series. It's a well-operated series that has consistently grown over the last few years. I do wish they would go back to passing points instead of time trials, but that's just my opinion...

Reading some of the responses it seems as though it has its pros and cons depending on location.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Super Late Model racing on a weekly level had died or was going to die with or without regional series period. The cost of maintaining a program was surpassing the amount of money they were racing for. The per lap cost to race a super nearly has tripled from the late 90s to now. Rising costs of racing killed off weekly SLM racing. Wide bore engines, $160 tires, billet aluminum everything, on and on. I would venture to say that regional series have allowed more racers to stay active and racing Supers than anything else.

Super late model series with no more than 2 support classes. Quick show. 4 hrs tops. No intermissions or breaks. Keep the show rolling. Keep the fans constantly entertained. Actually use a black flag. Wreckers hit track immediately when caution waves. Hardly a hot lap burning up the surface. Shall I continue.....
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    Super Late Model racing on a weekly level had died or was going to die with or without regional series period. The cost of maintaining a program was surpassing the amount of money they were racing for. The per lap cost to race a super nearly has tripled from the late 90s to now. Rising costs of racing killed off weekly SLM racing. Wide bore engines, $160 tires, billet aluminum everything, on and on. I would venture to say that regional series have allowed more racers to stay active and racing Supers than anything else.
    Spot on Kelly. Series like yours have saved the super late model racing, crates make a great weekly car and the 525/limited are the middle step (at least in the southeast).

Regional Comp Cams super dirt series and MLRA

Blue Ridge outlaws for sure!
    Last edited by nc mudcat; 12-30-2020 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Not true for all parts of the country, but I share your sentiments.

A lot of these series come in, charge everyone an entry fee, an unknown sanction fee, and bring 4 cars that follow the tour. The track owner could have put up the same purse and drew 4 less cars, with the racers keeping the entry fee.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 12-29-2020 at 06:55 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    Blue Ridgeway outlaws for sure!
    Looks like they have 35 or more scheduled races this year 👍.

SLM: MLRA
    410 sprints: NOSA