Default 3 piece spindles legal??

does anyone know if 3 piece spindles are legal to run at Davenport Speedway and The Bullring in IMCA Modified division?

The SPEEDWAY versions are, which are based on GM metric spindles, and can have a short or long steering arm.

The ARGO versions are not, which are based on AMC pacer spindles.

3 piece spindles are legal for IMCA A-mods. Davenport and East Moline are IMCA sanctioned.

Thanks for the info guys. I know both tracks are IMCA sanctioned but the rulebook was somewhat ambiguous. TS3g, are the speedway pinto 3 piece set ups are approved also?

i have never ran IMCA before so i'm trying to learn their rules and regulations alittle better

Yes, the Speedway 3 piece "Pinto" is approved. I say "pinto" because they are actually metric spindles, with a short steering arm like a pinto spindle

Aren't the metric spindles a little taller too? When switching spindles on a car, make sure the car was built for the height of the spindle you are putting on it.
    You also need to be aware of using the correct spindle with the ball joint taper and height you need. I would get with your chassis builder to make sure the spindles you are planning on using will work for you.
    You may be opening up a can of worms.

Unfortunately there is no way to contact the company as they are out of business. However I am switching it to 3pc pinto/Mustang II spindles from stock pinto spindles so It shouldn't change the geometry much, I'm using the same fit and taper, ball joints and control arms I have. The only thing is, if something was wrong to start with, I have no way of knowing

The three piece “pinto” spindle uses metric rotors and bearings. They also have a slightly different kingpin inclination. You will need to check bumpsteer after changing spindles
    Bill W. and Dr. Bob......who could have known.

That is on the docket.....I am changing everything on the front end so there is going to be alot of checking and measuring to do