Default Why start the racing season so early?

https://insidedirtracing.com/turn-2-...ason-so-early/

We look at the earlier and earlier start to racing seasons and the issues facing dirt racing in 2021

I'm not sure it ever starts or ends. You can race all 12 months of the year. Depends on who you are and where you want to go. If i was as good as a driver like Brandon Sheppard there is no way I would run a series. I would run my own equipment. Outlaw schedule. The only reason to run a series in my mind is the satisfaction of winning all those championships. Same amount of money could be won by a driver like him outlaw style. So I don't see how money is involved. I do understand he races for a team and makes more because he dosen't foot the bill...........But what freedom to come and go as u please............

Well there is right now about 3 weeks of down time. Especially for LM. There are a few places though that have run lower division races I believe. Like some midget stuff and some modified. If it wasn't for a couple Xtreme events open motor LM would probably pretty much been done around last weekend of November. Then your traditional races like what was stated in the article. Ice Bowl and the event at 411. All the attention on the WWSO makes it sound like the season starts earlier and then isn't speedweeks a week earlier this year
    Last edited by NeedforLM$peed; 12-30-2020 at 07:53 PM.
    2021 race count
    6 events

This topic should only be talked about if it is a particular series. Every series such as woo, lucas... etc has a set schedule. Those series has time off for sure. Same as Nascar...............But it is not the same thing to look at dirt racing as a whole like Nascar. Because, they are not a whole. Racing never ends in dirt cars, because races are scheduled all 12 monthes of the year over Dozens of sanctions. It is the drivers choice were to race. If you look up any drivers schedule, asphalt or dirt, most of the time you will see they have 2 or 3 months off a year. And yet we work 12 months a year, non stop.........And I question?

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    I'm not sure it ever starts or ends. You can race all 12 months of the year. Depends on who you are and where you want to go. If i was as good as a driver like Brandon Sheppard there is no way I would run a series. I would run my own equipment. Outlaw schedule. The only reason to run a series in my mind is the satisfaction of winning all those championships. Same amount of money could be won by a driver like him outlaw style. So I don't see how money is involved. I do understand he races for a team and makes more because he dosen't foot the bill...........But what freedom to come and go as u please............
    If you were to look at it from a financial stand point no one should race lol