Thread: Mb customs

Default Mb customs

450 feature wins in 2020https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=453827839337771
    Last edited by Mud; 01-01-2021 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Interview with Jimmy

Glad to hear that. Quietly becoming a top notch deal. There making mod chassis also correct ? Is that 450 between both ?

Midwest Mod, Late Model and modified.

They do build a pretty competitive race car.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

It is pretty clear that they have surpassed Black Diamond, Mastersbuilt, Barry Wright, Capital etc. as the third most successful chassis builder behind only Rocket & Longhorn

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Glad to hear that. Quietly becoming a top notch deal. There making mod chassis also correct ? Is that 450 between both ?
    That’s between both

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    It is pretty clear that they have surpassed Black Diamond, Mastersbuilt, Barry Wright, Capital etc. as the third most successful chassis builder behind only Rocket & Longhorn
    Don't really agree with the clearly part of that comment. Dillard won in MB's, and Peyton Looney won in a Capital on the national scene. Regionally, they are probably pretty equal on wins in the regions they are from. Not picking a fight, as Longhorn and Rocket are heads and shoulders more successful, but I would say it's a toss up for 3rd most successful.

It would be curious to see who sells more new DLM chassis in a given year, MB Customs or Capital?

Ok, nobody has mentioned C J Rayburn. As far as cars sold I think he may be right behind rocket.

How many did cj sell last year ?

Quote Originally Posted by pap View Post
    Don't really agree with the clearly part of that comment. Dillard won in MB's, and Peyton Looney won in a Capital on the national scene. Regionally, they are probably pretty equal on wins in the regions they are from. Not picking a fight, as Longhorn and Rocket are heads and shoulders more successful, but I would say it's a toss up for 3rd most successful.
    You make valid points but i think mb is the quiet giant here. They just keep humming along. I don't know any numbers but from my observations i would bet jimmy puts out twice the cars that capital does a year but in the other hand they essentially build three different types of chassis so the "latemodel" numbers may be close. But when you head up northern Midwest area their are alot of mb cars

Lightbulb

Ok, nobody has mentioned C J Rayburn. As far as cars sold I think he may be right behind rocket.
    You are certainly one confused individual...

Well if we are going year to year, sure, rocket 1, then from there I don't think anyone could guess. You may say longhorn but it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't.

Well if we are going year to year, sure, rocket 1, then from there I don't think anyone could guess. You may say longhorn but it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't.
    It's clearly Longhorn
    2021 race count
    6 events

Hard to beat a MB custom on the USMTS trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    You make valid points but i think mb is the quiet giant here. They just keep humming along. I don't know any numbers but from my observations i would bet jimmy puts out twice the cars that capital does a year but in the other hand they essentially build three different types of chassis so the "latemodel" numbers may be close. But when you head up northern Midwest area their are alot of mb cars
    Overall, Latemodel and Mods, you're probably right, but as you see alot of MB's latemodels in the midwest, there's a lot of capitals here in the southeast. But I have no clue on numbers of either chassis. So I could be very wrong.

Default MB mods

My brother is getting his second MB car, mid February I think. He has been very happy with their service. Jimmy and A.J I think are who he talks to the most. Great service, easy to work with. Because he works at Summit, he gets up to a certain amount at cost. They are letting him ship it to them. Some builders won’t let you use any of your own stuff. They don’t care. I’m happy for my brother he found a builder, granted in BFE Wisconsin, but who are good and work with him.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

More MB late models in the upper Midwest with Wissota, Dirt Kings, etc. Couple years back when Dillard declared for WOO I questioned how well he could do being a Lone Ranger on the national scene. He’s done ok overall.
    I hate time trials.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Define success?

My thought when I initially posted was in terms of new chassis sales vs wins over the last few seasons. I will concede that Capital has made great strides in terms of the number of chassis racing, especially in the south. Black Diamond appears to have seen their numbers drop just based on who currently is running one.