Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

He is his own worst enemy sometimes.....but ducking arrows for 4 years will make one a bit edgy and callous.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Don’t disagree bbq. But my opinion so did Obama. He was pelted continuously by Republicans, the Tea Party and right wing news. Same thing four years apart but with roles reversed. Who managed it better?
    I hate time trials.

Surely you jest !

Who got better results for America ?

The comparison of who dodged more arrows isn't even close........plus Mr Obama didn't have the biggest crime family in the world working against him every step of the way.

Obama had the now neutered Tea Party all over him along with their donors. Look, I didn’t care for a lot of what he did but to say there weren’t people that had it in for him is blind. Thing that bothers me maybe the most about supporters or adversaries of both the last two presidents is that it’s caused a lot by racial prejudices one way or the other, won’t convince me otherwise.
    I hate time trials.

BBQ, I enjoy the discussion that you bring along with making me soul searching my own beliefs. But respectfully, comparing the number of people charged and convicted from the last two administrations is what isn’t close. And saying Trump’s minions were railroaded isn’t sufficient, it happened during his administration and with a Justice Department and judges that he appointed.
    I hate time trials.

what ?????

I'm not trying to compare who had the shadiest associates because they both did....Mr. Obama didn't have near the attacks , embelleshed smears from the media that trump had to endure.

And unfortunately , there are a lot of people these days that still think the news is gospel and isn't manipulated to parrot the owners beliefs.....There is absolutely no comparison between the two presidents and how they were treated by the liberal media demagogues.

The media interference and sway in this past election is what needs to be looked at......strongly looked at.

I echo the same sentiments about enjoying our banter back and forth....I enjoy the civility and the mind exercise as well.

Default Cnn

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    The FBI is saying there is no evidence of involvement by antifa in the insurrection.
    Video fuels questions about 'insider' help for Capitol attack - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6UAbhexIMc

And from previously posted by Rajflyboy.

Utah Man with a History of Organizing Violent Antifa, BLM Protests, Was Inside the Capitol - https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...pitol-n2582766

BBQ, just as you say the liberal press piled on Trump like maniacs, they were merciless. But look back at the Obama years. Fox, conservative news outlets, and talk show hosts were every bit as snarky just not quite as many in number. Since cable news came along we have evolved a breed of media folks that care little about reporting the news but only about sensationalism, drama, and ratings.
    I hate time trials.

kazual -

After reading the last few posts from you and Barbecueboy ---- In short, would you agree that there was more overall piling-on of Trump, than there was of Obama?

Which all equals up to money.......

And fwiw, saying not quite as many in number is like saying the Grand Canyon is just a hole in the ground......and plus, the fox watchers aren't normally on the govt. hook for assistance or normally entitled whiney bishes that have to get their way no matter what.....so the captive audience of spiteful voting bishes was infinitely larger this time around.

Obama had no picnic.......trump was roasted on the grill the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    BBQ, just as you say the liberal press piled on Trump like maniacs, they were merciless. But look back at the Obama years. Fox, conservative news outlets, and talk show hosts were every bit as snarky just not quite as many in number. Since cable news came along we have evolved a breed of media folks that care little about reporting the news but only about sensationalism, drama, and ratings.
    Has Obummer ever been censored? Have Democrats been cancelled for simply supporting Obummer?
    Is Obummer a Marxist?
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

That third question actually digs deep into the actual realities facing this nation...
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Lurker, would agree that Trump would win the “pile on” award. It irritated me no end the first two or three years of the Trump presidency, then ole DJT himself caused me to give up trying to validate him, his fascist tendencies and selfishness wore me down. This whole thing started several administrations back, maybe Bush Sr. or slimy Bill Clinton. It progressively gets worse as we go along. My real gripe is media. They are competing for ratings in a market crowded with everything from major networks to pod casts. And they appeal through drama and innuendo. If Democrats think it will calm down when Joe takes office they’re in for a big surprise. News orgs are fighting for their life and will do anything, they no longer report the news, they advance agendas.
    I hate time trials.

And Bingo was his name-o..........on the money kaz.

Sad part is , we the people can fix that with the flip of a switch.......turn the button to off.

When people stop watching ,advertisers quit buying space........the end.

Trumps policy has been great but he is not the speaker Reagan was.

Many of Trump’s policies I agree with, more than those of Obama. Trump gets a “B” for content, an “F” for execution, just my opinion. Buford, I’ll disagree respectfully, DJT wasn’t censored he was banned from a privately owned media platform. 1st Amendment protects us from government censorship, not from private business restrictions Many people that supported the bakery that wouldn’t contract with a gay couple now complain about social media banning posts and people. Seems same to me.
    I hate time trials.