Default Side bite VS Forward bite

Please help me understand this one. I have seen in other places where they talk about reducing Droop load to increases side bite in the slick? How and Why does this occurAlso Lowering Right side bars, how does this lose side bite?It's something I can't seem to find a solid explanation for, maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussieracer71 View Post
    Please help me understand this one. I have seen in other places where they talk about reducing Droop load to increases side bite in the slick? How and Why does this occurAlso Lowering Right side bars, how does this lose side bite?It's something I can't seem to find a solid explanation for, maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.
    Heavily loaded right side tires resist lateral slide. But, using both rears makes you go forward.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Decreasing droop load takes dynamic wedge out of the car. Without getting into all the fundamentals of weight transfer and the resulting spring loads. We can just say in general more wedge makes you freer on decel. As for the bars moving both right side bars together equally doesent technically add abby side bit as masters said it will make the car drive straighter on fuel but doesent really increase the loading (side bite)

Droop load is like LR "bite" that we all used to talk about.

The more you have, the looser the car will be on corner entry when you are not on the throttle. If you are on the throttle on entry, the more droop load will tighten the car on entry. And usually mid-corner.

removing some droop load as the track slicks off is one way to help snug up corner entry when you are off the throttle. Usually when the track is slick you are not on throttle on entry so it is an effective change.

Sometimes the track might have 2ft of traction along the inside, if you have too much droop load it's easy to slide right through the traction. if you don't have too much, the LR will grab ahold of the traction easier, in my experience.