Thread: Larson Spotter

Default Larson Spotter

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cu...ign=widget-1So Hendrick won’t allow employees to have political views? (No matter what those political views are)?

Politically correct has gone too far
    Last edited by Rajflyboy; 01-07-2021 at 06:48 AM.

I completely understand it, live your life in the public eye as they do and they are at the 'control' of their employers... Not saying I like it but they represent the brands they wear 24/7, it is one of the cost associated with fame and fortune....I worked for a team and watched a co-worker fired on pit road for an off hand joke (very poor timing, sponsor was touring pit row) and this was back in the mid 1990's.

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    I completely understand it, live your life in the public eye as they do and they are at the 'control' of their employers... Not saying I like it but they represent the brands they wear 24/7, it is one of the cost associated with fame and fortune....I worked for a team and watched a co-worker fired on pit road for an off hand joke (very poor timing, sponsor was touring pit row) and this was back in the mid 1990's.
    You speak the truth, EvelB.

Did you work with a NASCAR team?

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    Good points (but we as fans can walk away and not watch the sport). I found Ford vs Ferrari to be very interesting due to the corporate side of racing back then (pretty much just like now a days) (who pays the bills call the shots). I guess that’s why as a consumer I am turning tv off. I’m not buying some products now if they have politics I do not agree with. Doing my part.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    You speak the truth, EvelB.Did you work with a NASCAR team?
    Yes, worked for multiple teams (I was no celebrity crew guy or anything, just tried to work hard). The sport really changed during the 90's, I left that part of the sport in the early 2000's though I have continued to work with many in the industry up to today. Funny part was others always looked 'down' on my dirt late model racing at the time, now it is the cool thing in their eyes...