Default Stacked LF setup

I’m wanting to get a stacked LF spring setup to have in the hauler as a smooth slick option. I’m just wondering wether to go a soft spring (say a 275-350) with a bump stop at desired hight is a better option or a actual stack set up? Any advice on spring rates for either option would be greatly appreciated

this style setup will be very track dependent, it works when it works , but sux when it doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by grt74 View Post
    this style setup will be very track dependent, it works when it works , but sux when it doesn't work
    I agree theirs not a lot of normal travel range to play with witch would make tuning a very fine line.

Just spit balling here.

Would adding 5 or 10# to the lf, either on frame, or suspension produce nearly the same results?

Hypothetically if I smash my current LF down to where it’s travelling and get load number, then run a softer initial spring down the the same height and get the load up with either a bump stop or bump spring ( I’m leaning toward bump spring for a more linear load) will there be a massive difference in handling or just when it’s not completely down on the bump stop or bump spring? Just don’t won’t a dump truck that won’t turn

I don’t have the option to practice on this set up so I’m going to have to jump in the deep end. Does anyone have any experience with some of the handling problems I can expect if it doesn’t work. I’m presuming loose entry/push middle/ loose exit if it’s not set up correctly? Thanks for your help guys

on most tracks, (unless its really high banked) entry issues come to mind and inconsistent from track to track

Unless your doing it to help get the front ride height up to get the rear deck lower to pass tech i just don't see much if any advantage their especially for the tuning inconsistencies that will come with it. And no just going to max travel getting a number than creating a stack or bump combo that has the same load at x measurement will not net the same handling as the standard spring

Why even have a spring? LF on a smooth track, the bump would give you plenty of compliance. You might even try a dual stage bump deal to set up a softer initial rate.

Guess the next question would be what do you stand to gain ?

You would lose the backlash of the spring, and whatever weight was on that tire would stay there, generally. Some would transfer, but...

Just thinking out loud, better than politics LOL.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Why even have a spring? LF on a smooth track, the bump would give you plenty of compliance. You might even try a dual stage bump deal to set up a softer initial rate.

Guess the next question would be what do you stand to gain ?

You would lose the backlash of the spring, and whatever weight was on that tire would stay there, generally. Some would transfer, but...

Just thinking out loud, better than politics LOL.
    I don't think I'd try that unless you chained it on the bump. It would struggle with entry stability on tracks where you do most of your slowing on the straight.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I'll agree with MasterSbilt_racer. We tried this years ago. It was way too inconsistent. If you hit everything perfect you might gain a little something. But, if the track or the groove moves around just a little, it's junk; way loose on entry. I like the stiff spring or solid bump idea cabled close to the bump.