Default Night #2 Is In The Record Books

Kyle Larson and Thomas Meseraull are locked into the Saturday night A-main. Larson won his heat, his qualifier and the A-main. That's a good night's work at The Chili Bowl. Christopher Bell won the Race of Champions and looked quite dominant doing it.

The track was a rubbered up piece of crap during the final 2/3's of the A-main. I've been going to Tulsa for a long time and never have seen the track lock down as it did tonight. Tony Stewart is an A-hole but he knows how to prepare the track and I wish he was doing the prep again this year.

Oh well, they can't all be great races so we'll hope for the best tomorrow night!!

Here's the Tuesday night results.

Midgets
    Lucas Oil Chili Bowl Nationals
    A Feature
    30 laps
    Pos Start Driver Hometown Car
    1 2 Kyle Larson Elk Grove, CA 01
    2 1 Thomas Meseraull San Jose, CA 7X
    3 7 Zach Daum Pocahontas, IL 5D
    4 9 Cole Bodine Rossville, IN 39B
    5 13 Danny Stratton Reading, PA 68W
    6 11 Derek Hagar Marion, AR 9JR
    7 19 Chase Johnson Penngrove, CA 72
    8 5 Hank Davis Sand Springs, OK 14E
    9 22 Daison Pursley Locust Grove, OK 9P
    10 21 Frank Flud Tulsa, OK 19
    11 16 Kyle Jones Kennedale, TX 7U
    12 24 Nick Drake Indian Trail, NC 55D
    13 12 Michael Faccinto Hanford, CA 08K
    14 3 Jonathan Beason Broken Arrow, OK 8J
    15 23 Noah Harris Broken Arrow, OK 20H
    16 20 Anton Hernandez Arlington, TX 21F
    17 8 Mitchell Davis Auburn, IL 56D
    18 4 Tanner Carrick Lincoln, CA 98K
    19 10 Aiden Purdue Clinton, IL 57D
    20 17 Shane Cottle Kokomo, IN 45H
    21 (DNF) 18 Carson Kvapil Mooresville, NC 2MD
    22 (DNF) 6 Shane Golobic Fremont, CA 17W
    23 (DNF) 15 Brody Fuson Bakersfield, CA 73X
    24 (DNF) 14 Curtis Jones Tulsa, OK 51

Bring on Wednesday night! It's not a much fun as when the stands are full but it's still the best dirt event in the country!

Track must still have been racy for Kyle Larson to pull off a win !

Kyle Larson is so (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good 👍👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    Track must still have been racy for Kyle Larson to pull off a win !
    Larson started on the front row outside and got the lead just as the track locked down. Had the track not locked down I'm not confident that Larson would have stayed in front of Meseraull. Jonathon Beason appeared to be faster prior to the track lock down, as well. Kevin Swindell said after the race was over that the biggest drawback for Larson winning the way the track was is he learned nothing in regards to the Saturday night A-main setup. I'm sure Paul will figure it out. Larson said this is only the 2nd time since he's been coming to Tulsa that he remembers the track rubbering up like it did last night.

Meseraull could have dumped Larson anytime he wanted to but cheap shots have never been Meseraull's style. There were a couple of heat races that were brutal in reference to yellow's and lack of continuity. Swindell said the way some of the guys were driving it looked like there was a full moon.

Just for the record Kevin Swindell is doing a great job with color commentary on the prelim night broadcasts. We watch the Flo replay the morning after and Kevin is the best of the three in the booth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Kyle Larson is so (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good 
    Yea he is, and he's dam good in a generic dirt late model pizza delivery car, too. Right Raj!!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Larson started on the front row outside and got the lead just as the track locked down. Had the track not locked down I'm not confident that Larson would have stayed in front of Meseraull. Jonathon Beason appeared to be faster prior to the track lock down, as well. Kevin Swindell said after the race was over that the biggest drawback for Larson winning the way the track was is he learned nothing in regards to the Saturday night A-main setup. I'm sure Paul will figure it out. Larson said this is only the 2nd time since he's been coming to Tulsa that he remembers the track rubbering up like it did last night.Meseraull could have dumped Larson anytime he wanted to but cheap shots have never been Meseraull's style. There were a couple of heat races that were brutal in reference to yellow's and lack of continuity. Swindell said the way some of the guys were driving it looked like there was a full moon.Just for the record Kevin Swindell is doing a great job with color commentary on the prelim night broadcasts. We watch the Flo replay the morning after and Kevin is the best of the three in the booth.
    Thanks for letting us know that Kevin was doing the broadcast. I did not know that.

I will be rooting for Logan Seavy and Sammy Swindell

CIRF. I will send you a 20 dollar bill if you get a Leah Pruett Tony Stewart Picture. 👍

The understanding we have from speaking to some of Chili Bowl officials is that Stewart will not be in Tulsa for The Chili Bowl. I'm relatively sure that his girlfriend of the week, if that's Leah, won't be with him. We spend a lot of time in the pits and we'll keep an eye out for Stewart and his squeeze. I don't know if I'd know Leah if she got within 2 feet of me. Plus, we're usually a bit busy during our time in the pit area but I promise if I see Stewart with a chick I'll try to get a photo.

That means Stewart won’t be there to screw up the track. That’s a very good thing. I see you are no drag racing fan. Check it out sometime. It’s actually pretty good 👍

Just for the record Kevin Swindell is doing a great job with color commentary on the prelim night broadcasts. We watch the Flo replay the morning after and Kevin is the best of the three in the booth.
    Young Conner Wade is very impressive too.

Well, I don't know how much worse anyone could have screwed up the racetrack like it was on Tuesday night. I don't ever remember a Stewart prepared Chili Bowl track ever locking down like it did Tuesday night and I attended every year that Stewart was the track prep guy!

I am a drag racing fan. I was a participant in drag racing for a decade or more before marital bliss and family changed my priorities. The drag racing I follow is not the fuel classes (top fuel and funny car). The fuel classes are extremely impressive but my love is for the door slammer classes that are a bit closer to stock. I've even lost interest in the pro-stock's. I simply can't relate to the technology involved with the fuel classes and pro-stock division. Doesn't make them bad or unentertaining but just not stuff I can relate to and fully understand.

I agree, lurker. Connor is doing a very good job!

I agree with CIRF on his opinions on Drag Racing. Pro Stock , Funny Cars, and Top Fuel Cars are exciting for the newcomers to be awed and thrilled by, but I too find race cars I can relate to are the less expensive and more stock type cars. I used to follow Pro Stock , but the Pro Stock cars are just another form of a Funny Car today.

Well, I don't know how much worse anyone could have screwed up the racetrack like it was on Tuesday night. I don't ever remember a Stewart prepared Chili Bowl track ever locking down like it did Tuesday night and I attended every year that Stewart was the track prep guy!I am a drag racing fan. I was a participant in drag racing for a decade or more before marital bliss and family changed my priorities. The drag racing I follow is not the fuel classes (top fuel and funny car). The fuel classes are extremely impressive but my love is for the door slammer classes that are a bit closer to stock. I've even lost interest in the pro-stock's. I simply can't relate to the technology involved with the fuel classes and pro-stock division. Doesn't make them bad or unentertaining but just not stuff I can relate to and fully understand.
    Gotcha. We share that same enjoyment of drag racing. Leah actually still does some grassroots drag racing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    I agree with CIRF on his opinions on Drag Racing. Pro Stock , Funny Cars, and Top Fuel Cars are exciting for the newcomers to be awed and thrilled by, but I too find race cars I can relate to are the less expensive and more stock type cars. I used to follow Pro Stock , but the Pro Stock cars are just another form of a Funny Car today.
    My sentiments exactly, Mod. Top fuel and funny car engines and drive train's are some of the most impressive examples of engineering you'll find but they're way over the ability of my simple mind to understand and appreciate.