Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is he guilty as charged?

https://cicilline.house.gov/sites/ci...-%20011121.pdf

"...In his conduct while President of the United States — and in violation of his constitutional oath faithfully to execute the office of President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, provide, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States and in violation of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed — Donald John Trump engaged in high Crimes and Misdemeanors by inciting violence against the Government of the United States, in that: ..."
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

If I was a Congress person don’t think I would have voted to impeach the first time, this time yes. All politicians lie and mislead, this guy has taken it to another level and it’s time for him to leave .
    I hate time trials.

Yes he is guilty.

Why waste the time impeaching him?

For the betterment of the Country, I’d say let it slide and let him go out of office next week on his own. Anything different will do nothing other than fire up his base even more.

Therein lies the rub.

I don’t disagree lurker but think something needs done. It will likely split the country again, I won’t say more.
    I hate time trials.

I've looked for those inflammatory and inciting words and I really didn't find them. Nothing I could find would be remotely interpreted to mean, let's go take the capitol. I guess I just never got the secret decoder ring they gave out to all the high level MAGAs.

Impeachment is not a legal tool, it is a political tool. They may say high crimes and misdemeanors but that doesn't really matter at all. It didn't matter in the - were impeaching over a phone call - and it doesn't matter now.

This is about punishment, hate, revenge, killing a movement, embarrassing Republicans, and rubbing the noses of nearly 75 million people in the dirt. Let Nancy own this one. It might work out for the Dems and it might just backfire too.

Those 75 million voters were not all MAGA extreme Trump lovers. There were plenty of tepid supporters and casual supporters who never went to rallies or bought the Trumpfernalia gear. But of those 75 million there were a significant number after the election who believed that irregularities and cheating happened in many places. That stuff did happen and although it may not have been enough to sway an election it doesn't need to be swept under a rug and have the media say - nothing to see here, move on, shut up, go lay down by your dish.

Now those people are seeing how their voices are being silenced (media, social media) and it is becoming apparent that two justice systems are at work in this country. We'll create reasons to punish your guy but our guy and his family are off limits to press coverage when illegalities are brought into question. We find judges to issue rulings and circumvent voting laws because of covid, so deal with it. By the time your court case is heard the votes will be counted, if you even get a case. There are plenty of double standards that people are opening their eyes to and if you want to take a number as big as 75 million or so and motivate them, then go ahead. You might just motivate the casual supporter to join the MAGA supporters.

I used to be a political junkie way back and it seemed like I was on an island. Now I come across people who poo-poo'ed my interest back then and they are more switched on and rabid about it than I ever was. They got motivated. Give them some more reasons to get further motivated.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

Right on it Morgs 👍👍👍

I will add that I thought Trump behaved terribly in regards to Georgia and the special election, and his p!ssiness and disappointment of people like Barr and Pence were on full display in the last month. I never liked that. Barr was an exceptionally good AG, one of the best to ever serve this country. Mike Pence was a very good VP and handled the job admirably in some very difficult times with an often very trying boss.

That being said, this impeachment is not a moment of reconciliation and coming together.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgs153 View Post
    I've looked for those inflammatory and inciting words and I really didn't find them. ..
    https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts...ript-january-6

"...

Donald Trump: (01:12:43)
    So we’re going to, we’re going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue, I love Pennsylvania Avenue, and we’re going to the Capitol and we’re going to try and give… The Democrats are hopeless. They’re never voting for anything, not even one vote. But we’re going to try and give our Republicans, the weak ones, because the strong ones don’t need any of our help, we’re going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.

Donald Trump: (01:13:19)
    So let’s walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. I want to thank you all. God bless you and God bless America. Thank you all for being here, this is incredible. Thank you very much. Thank you."
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Antifa is guilty of the violence, Not Trump. He should not even be considered to be impeached. Videos prove this. The voilence happened while before Trump was even done speaking and his speech was 100% clean of calling for any violence. The videos are proof of who did this and the FBI once again released the guilty perpetrators as they are totally Democrat controlled and directed.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...pitol-n2582766
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 01-13-2021 at 02:24 PM.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Over the summer, Sullivan was arrested after organizing a violent riot in Utah that ended with a shooting. One of the host groups was the Salt Lake Antifascist [Antifa] Coalition.

At the U.S. Capitol, Sullivan was standing next to Trump supporter Ashli Babbitt when she was shot and killed by a police officer. In fact, he filmed it
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Steve, skip,sam,or Sheila Sullivan? Aka, SS.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Maybe liberals are better at hearing dog whistles.

To paraphrase Yosemite Sam - Them's not fightin' words.

Someone once made these remarks.

"When we see data that indicates disparities in how African Americans and Latinos may be treated in various jurisdictions around the country, then it's incumbent on all of us to say, we can do better than this."

"change has been too slow and we have to have a greater sense of urgency about this."

Very shortly after those remarks 5 Dallas police officers were murdered and 7 wounded while acting as security for a BLM rally. Did those remarks somehow inspire the shooting? No. The shooter caused the shooting.

When a community burned.

“There are Americans who are deeply disappointed, even angry. It’s an understandable reaction,”

Did those comments embolden further rioting in years to come and further hate for police? Debatable.

Let's just say that 4 years ago the former president would have done something so obviously egregious that within mere days of his term ending the Republicans would have decided to impeach him. How would the press have reacted to that? They would have probably called it a meaningless power trip and a sham.

It is that today too.

Let me guess, the comments are Mr. incitement himself, Barack Hussein Obama.

If he is guilty of inciting this in his speech why is this speech not being played in the media? Not cnn or msnbc or anywhere ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Steve, skip,sam,or Sheila Sullivan? Aka, SS.
    ss really does get under your skin. lol

everyone that drones stupid shyt does.......I'm sure he's fine in his own orbit of friends.....like all the rest of us.

The answer of the question is no, not guilty. But he is guilty of the dumbest stupidest things that a person can do. When he was raised in the Military School, he had no affection love from his mother nor father, and was a bully leader. I just would not want to be in his shoes period and wish he would just disappear for he made his mark, enough is to much of him.....Two relatives of mine (can't pick them) who worship CNN are saying the Trump's wife will leave him for someone else that will have money.

This impeachment isn’t even about Trump. It is designed to scare off any political outsider from running for President again.

Protecting their own??? Sending a message???

Did the left readily accept the results of the election between Bush and Gore? I think we know that one. Did the left readily accept that Stacy Abrams lost her bid for governor of Georgia? No, many still don't.

Did the left accept the results of 2016? Remember that the left actually rioted, excuse me, protested at the capitol in 2016 as a response to Hillary's loss. I know, I know, nobody broke in and put their feet on anyone's desk back then and there was less violence. You know a limo was burned by rioters, excuse me, protesters during Trump's inauguration, right? The left objected to more state certifications in 2017 than Trump supporters did now. That's a fact.

When a Bernie supporter showed up at a softball game and shot it up and almost killed Steve Scalise, who's rhetoric stoked that man's unhinged anger? Has Bernie Sanders been lifetime banned from SM? The guy was pumping off rounds and shouting, "This is for health care!" Where did he get that idea from?

How many from the left still believe the proven false Russiagate narrative? Who is banning them from SM? Who wants to put those people on no-fly lists for holding a different viewpoint? Who wants to lump them into a classification of domestic terrorist? Who has ever told those folks to just shut up and move on, accept the results? No, they constantly stoked a false narrative for four years on the Russia collusion bullsh!t. Adam Schiff went as far to suggest that Trump was a hireling of Putin. He had the proof, remember? The proof that never came. Lifetime ban for Schiff, removal from office? Nah, he's one of us so he can say whatever he wants.