Thumbs up Dirt Kings Late Model Tour ----- 2021 Schedule

Dirt Kings Late Model Tour

Series Website - http://dirtkingstour.com/
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/dirtkingstour

DIRT KINGS LATE MODEL TOUR 2021 SCHEDULE

Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Might try and catch the show at Angell Park, even just to watch. I've seen some pretty good open wheel races there, but have no idea how the LM shows have been.

They had a show at Angell Park in 2018 I believe. Some were scheduled last year but Dane County shut everything down completely so they didn’t have one there.

The one they did have a few years back was ok from the “it’s neat seeing late models on this track” standpoint but that track is just a tick too narrow to really see them put on a good show. There wasn’t much passing in any of the late model heats or mains. Maybe they learned a bit from that go around and it’ll be different. Personally I think they had one too many classes that night. Legends, 360 Sprints, midgets, and Late Models were on the bill and that led to the track locking down a bit early in the night. We also had a stretch of real dry weather in the weeks leading up to that event so that didn’t help matters any. For the most part though drivers seemed to like the track because it was so smooth.

I’m not sure where you’d be coming from but the Angell Park show might not be the best choice to appreciate what this series has evolved into. I’d go and see them at Fountain City, Seymour, or 141. I’d love to see them lock in a date at the Lafayette County Speedway in Darlington, WI. Interesting little track they have over there and I can see the potential for one heck of a good LM show with a series like this. They’ve had Cornbelt Clash races there before. It seems to be a track that sort of gets forgotten about when people talk about dirt tracks in Wisconsin.

I've been to a bunch of midget races and a USAC non-wing sprint race at Angell Park. Those were all good shows.

You might be able to find the DK LM races from a couple years ago on YouTube and judge from that. I plan on
    attending a bunch of these races but Angell Park would be a pass for me. The above post was correct in that
    141, MTS, and Outagamie would be the best tracks and then Plymouth and Eagle Valley.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.