Default Dirt Vision, FloRacing, Live Streams

Does anyone know if these companies add anything to the purses? I would think the race teams should directly benefit monetarily,some how from the streaming sales. I mean they are the talent, and spending the 100's of thousands every year.Again I have no knowledge on this and am just curious if anyone knows.

Good question?
    8/13/16

Both national tours added money to the normal purses. DOD/flo started a 10 race series with all races paying 10 grand. Then I seen on DOD that there are a couple of sponsors giving out more money this year for Lucas and WOO.

Do you understand the amount of money it takes to travel to these races to set out to provide a live stream?

On top of that they have a crew to pay and also the track gets roughly 50% of the money brought in. It's not like they're making A $100000 off every event.

I don’t know the numbers but I have to think the increased potential exposure makes a much easier sell for both teams and drivers to make to sponsors. More sponsors is gonna trickle down to the drivers in some form. May not be direct but a rising tide lifts all boats as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky44 View Post
    Do you understand the amount of money it takes to travel to these races to set out to provide a live stream?On top of that they have a crew to pay and also the track gets roughly 50% of the money brought in. It's not like they're making A $100000 off every event.
    I understand the production costs with providing the streams. And am not implying they should be putting a ton of money towards the purse. Was just curious if any stream revenue was sent to the drivers. Kinda like a royalty. I mean they are selling the drivers and teams talent and likeness.

The core WOO and LUCAS cars get $700-$750 each race guaranteed.