Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Shirley and Thornton

How the he!! can Shirley be mad at Thornton? You pulled another Illinois drivers “slide job”. You had way too much steam, locked up the left front at least, and drove over the cushion, you literally parked it in front of him. You totally overdrove it, was not enough time for Thornton to react. Had you pulled a legit slider, yeah he coulda turned under you. That was not that.

At least Thornton’s assessment was legit.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Illinois drivers slide job??? WHAT? Lol, dont let the bs bobby displays effect your better judgment on some of the cleanest drivers in the country...
    Last edited by BloomerWon; 01-14-2021 at 03:52 PM.

Agree, Shirley seems like a good guy but he should have just said I screwed up. But it looks like he was mad that Thornton went from bottom of 4 to the wall on front stretch and that's what precipitated it. Not sure what Shirley wanted it to go that way but he did have to take evasive action on the front stretch to keep his momentum up when Thornton pulled in front of him.

So you can basically drive straight into the corner at weird angle, stand on the brakes and push up the entire track, almost come to a stop, and still blame the guy behind you? I must say, that's a new one for me.

I'd expect better out of a guy that's won national titles and has been around for awhile. There was nothing Ricky could.

Racing deal. It happens. Of course that is unless Pierce was involved.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    If Pierce pulled that same move I’d call it that same way. And yeah, it was a racing deal. But Shirley acting like Thornton was at fault was BS. I expect that move from 32, not from Shirley.

Bad slider no matter who it was. I don’t wear rose colored glasses for anyone.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

His car was a little too fast, for him to be entering the corner at that speed, that low, the track would have needed to be about 50 feet wider.

I'm a Shirley fan and yes, that's a head scratcher.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerWon View Post
    Illinois drivers slide job??? WHAT? Lol
    He's gotta be talking about you. Mine are always clean 😇😇😇
    8/13/16

Lap 6-7 of a 30 lapper. Yeah, Squirrel, you really needed to do that at that point of the race. What a moron. For what it is worth, Shirley NEVER touched the brakes on the front stretch when Thornton slid up. Squirrel is full of $h1t

Quote Originally Posted by 0_VodooChild_0 View Post
    Lap 6-7 of a 30 lapper. Yeah, Squirrel, you really needed to do that at that point of the race. What a moron. For what it is worth, Shirley NEVER touched the brakes on the front stretch when Thornton slid up. Squirrel is full of $h1t
    Feel better now?🥱
    8/13/16

I thought this thread was about Squirrel and RTJ!?!?
    Well...it was nice while it lasted for all of 4 post.

Squirrel has only himself to blame for the end result of that deal.

Just not as frequently
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    I thought this thread was about Squirrel and RTJ!?!?
    Well...it was nice while it lasted for all of 4 post.

Squirrel has only himself to blame for the end result of that deal.
    I’m guilty sorta in the start of the thread. When I said Illinois drivers, I meant that one guy. But I didn’t wanna say it and go down that rabbit hole.

I like aggressive drivers like both of them but thought it was overly aggressive for both of them so early in the race. Rtj slid to the moon out of four you know the sliders coming he had to be able to hear Shirley. I don't know about brakes but Shirley did look like he checked the fuel to give rt room. If Shirley wouldn't of parked it over the cushion rt probably would have lifted but it looked like he tried to gas it up and turn under Shirley so that he didn't cost himself abunch of track position. Ultimately just a racing deal that could of been prevented by both partys.

I thought it was great. Gave Laney 3 more spots!

RTJ should have hauled his bent sheet metal down and put it on Shirley's hauler....Guy did just that to him at Swainsboro a few years ago after Shirley ran him over.....

Good article on DoD today about Lanigan/Dillard dust up last night. Lanigan manned up and said it was his fault, Squirrel should have done the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    He's gotta be talking about you. Mine are always clean 
    No one in Illinois is clean according to c n b...

He throws all the Illinois drivers under the bus instead of just saying bobby to not turn the thread into a dumpster fire?? Lmao, ... 🙃

Squirrel is an idiot and proved it in his interview. Said Thornton coulda braked because he used the brakes for him on the front stretch. I’d say Thornton had no idea he was there when he was racing Papich and Thornton probably could slammed the brakes and still not missed Shirley. Saw him to do the same to Terbo at I 55 a couple years ago.