Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Page

Default Michael Page

DQ'ed at Volusia for failing post race tech. $10k win was given to Bronson
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    DQ'ed at Volusia for failing post race tech. $10k win was given to Bronson
    Seen that, no idea what he got nailed for.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I read dq for valve springs on facebook so it has to be true

Quote Originally Posted by dalemcfan View Post
    I read dq for valve springs on facebook so it has to be true
    When DoD elaborated, it was an infraction outside the seals. So the engine builder isn’t banned. Which I believe you are correct. Because if I remember right, the valve springs and that were something not part of the sealed deal. Though, ya cannot run illegal ones. Though I have no idea on the benefits of better ones. I’m sure someone will enlighten us.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

The valve train is the weak link that limits those engines. You can't turn them over 6800 without blowing them up. Fixing that weak link will help a lot. Especially on restart as you can then run a lower gear.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

It was on the restarts where he was definitely pulling on them into another zip code. I knew it had more to do than being in a 07' or 09' Masters.
    2021 race count
    6 events

It was valve spring height. My opinion is more height= less chance of floating valves at high rpm.

"The inspection process ended up being a long one as the winner's engine failed post-race inspection due to the valve spring installed height did not meet the GM Performance specifications."

From a CrateRacin' employee's post.

in a deal like this do they completely tear down the engine? or stop once they find something illegal?

^^^ I was also curious if they inspect the inherent winner (in this case, I believe it was Bronson) to the same extent? I would hope so, at least, for that amount of money.

Changing the valve spring installed height can effectively help eliminate valve float, or at least move it to a higher RPM range... You are allowed to 'correct' the install height but not alter it more than allowed, I guess it is the droop rule of valvetrain!

Quote Originally Posted by chopter33 View Post
    in a deal like this do they completely tear down the engine? or stop once they find something illegal?
    Most tech inspections that I have seen are stopped once something is found illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    ^^^ I was also curious if they inspect the inherent winner (in this case, I believe it was Bronson) to the same extent? I would hope so, at least, for that amount of money.
    With CrateRacin' they do tear down the second place and so on until a legal car/motor is found....

Quote Originally Posted by Wells Racing Photos View Post
    Most tech inspections that I have seen are stopped once something is found illegal.
    thanks. so basically all these little engine builders "mistakes" seem to be on purpose so they dont tear the engine all the way down and find the blatant cheating.

Washers under the springs, if they did tech before the cars went on track half the field would be dq'd.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Washers under the springs, if they did tech before the cars went on track half the field would be dq'd.
    You may be right. I know its real hard to beat a guy as talented as Page when he's cheating you too. Especially in an area where so much could be gained.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

The crate series (and CrateRacin' USA in particular) do a great job in tech from my experience. These cars are so equal that everyone wants to be right on the edge to be sure they get the most out of them (so maybe a little carbon buildup puts you out of spec, or you just can't read a micrometer and push things a little far). Calling everyone a 'cheater' is just an easy excuse for getting beat. It does happen but not as often as everyone would like to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    The crate series (and CrateRacin' USA in particular) do a great job in tech from my experience. These cars are so equal that everyone wants to be right on the edge to be sure they get the most out of them (so maybe a little carbon buildup puts you out of spec, or you just can't read a micrometer and push things a little far). Calling everyone a 'cheater' is just an easy excuse for getting beat. It does happen but not as often as everyone would like to believe.
    I agree with you, it's up to tech. If it's good, then there is a lot less cheating.

Unfortunately, it's a class where cheating can yield a big edge because the cars are severely under powered. I like classes that don't require rulebook enforcement as much to keep cars close.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I prefer that as well, however the crate class has also allowed quite a few guys to keep racing (I am one). I would much rather bolt a 900 horsepower engine down between the frame rails, just can't afford it. I ran with CrateRacin' USA for a couple of years, they kept everyone honest (at least at that time).

Was he dq'ed from Thursday portion as he was running same motor?