Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yawn

Default Yawn

All this lead up about this the best race ever. Blah blah blah ... and Larson leads every lap to win (just like I told you would happen 6 months ago). Yawner for sure. Now get back to late models where the real action and competition exists. https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2021/01...nationals-win/

Also read that feature did not start until 1125 pm eastern due to track prep. Chili bowl is a neat event but it’s not the best dirt event in America. Not by a long shot.

Given the fact that you emphatically denounce dirt open wheel racing as boring and The Chili Bowl as a second class event it's amazing you spend so much time looking at, and responding to, the very subject that you don't like or care about. It's a bit odd, don't you think?

May I delicately suggest that you go over to the DLM board and preach your gospel. There are many tunnel vision meat ball DLM fans that will actually appreciate and embrace your sentiments. Posting here attempting to convince folks of what is provably opposite of the truth is probably not the best use of your precious time! LOL!

Don’t get too emotional. Chili bowl will get better next year. 👍👍I just wish they would put wings on those Tumble buggies.

I will give CIRF some credit. I did go to a few winged sprint car events this past year. I enjoyed it👍👍👍. I will be going again this year.

Too emotional? There is no particular emotion connected to the truth and facts. Generally where the emotion enters the picture is when one tries to refute the truth and deny facts on subjects that one would claim not to care about or be interested. It would seem that is where you're coming from by posting here in the sprint cars section. Right?

I have a USAC Sprint Car T-shirt that reads "wings are for wimps". I wear that T-shirt to the few winged sprint car shows we go to during the season. I also have a T-shirt that says "WINGLESS SPRINT CARS, for drivers who's balls are too big for a late model". Guess what events I wear that one to?

Larson leads every lap. Race started late due to track prep. Fact and fact and also exactly what I told you 6 months ago about this race.

You do realize that there were 5 full nights of racing prior to Saturday, don't you? The Saturday night A-main was a decent race but there certainly were races that took place Monday through Friday nights that were epic, as is the case every year. I was there. You don't know enough about this event to tell me much of anything I don't already know after more than a decade. We'll heartily agree that you've never attended so you really don't know what you're talking about. How's that?

If you believe this event is not worthy of your attention then pay it none. No one is demanding that you do. Go on over to the dirt late model board and chime in bragging on how fast those cars can deliver a pizza! LOLOL!

Nuff said.

CIRF. I give you credit. You support your cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    CIRF. I give you credit. You support your cause.
    It's not particularly MY cause. Emmett fills the Expo Center up with over 15,000 people 5 nights in a row on a normal year and most are undoubtedly much more passionate than I. If you can find a DLM event that can match that please enlighten me.

For someone who doesn't like this event you certainly pay a lot of attention to it. When you actually go to Tulsa in January and experience the whole spectacle get back to me. Until then you don't know what you're talking about.

I just don’t get the over the top fan boy stuff

RAJ Larson and Bell are the best racers on the planet and i sincerely mean that. They are entertaining and I certainly hope they liven up Nascar/smile

Rajflyboy -

Round #2 "IMW" Gas City Feature Highlights 6/17/20 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8ZE6NKj2tA

FEATURE: (30 laps, starting positions in parentheses) 1. Kyle Larson (14), 2. Buddy Kofoid (2), 3. Tyler Courtney (1), 4. Tanner Thorson (7), 5. Gio Scelzi (8), 6. Jake Neuman (11), 7. Logan Seavey (6), 8. Carson Macedo (10), 9. Tanner Carrick (4), 10. Kaylee Bryson (3), 11. Rico Abreu (13), 12. Justin Grant (19), 13. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (5), 14. Daryn Pittman (16), 15. Chris Windom (18), 16. Kevin Thomas Jr. (9), 17. Daison Pursley (23), 18. Shane Golobic (22), 19. Zach Daum (17), 20. Robert Dalby (24), 21. Brady Bacon (20), 22. Cole Bodine (21), 23. Cannon McIntosh (12), 24. Thomas Meseraull (15). NT

That was a good race Lurker. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    RAJ Larson and Bell are the best racers on the planet and i sincerely mean that. They are entertaining and I certainly hope they liven up Nascar/smile
    Yet neither has done much with the big boys in cup series.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Yet neither has done much with the big boys in cup series.
    I realize Bell has struggled some, however Larson has more than 'done much'. Larson overperformed his equipment on a regular basis and didn't get the Hendrick ride for nothing.

Bell was with a sub par team. He gets a major league team this year, so I expect him to do well.
    Larson absolutely out performed his equipment. He now has top stuff and I expect him to give Elliot quite a challenge.

We will see in 2021. No excuses. 😜

Well I guess Larson lucked into another win, right flyboy? Just beat the best in DLM by 15 seconds....