Default The Chili Bowl: Strengthening the marriage of NASCAR & dirt

http://insidecircletrack.com/2021/01...scar-and-dirt/

The marriage between the Chili Bowl and NASCAR has proven to be beneficial for both

Quote Originally Posted by Returning to Dirt View Post
    http://insidecircletrack.com/2021/01...scar-and-dirt/

The marriage between the Chili Bowl and NASCAR has proven to be beneficial for both
    Interesting article, RtD. Jeff Gordon was in the infield during last night's A-main finale'. Gordon raced in the Chili Bowl during his dirt open wheel career with dismal results. But you can bet Gordo wasn't there just cheering on Larson, Bell and some of his other NASCAR buddies.

I just hope Emmett Hahn and his family never get too cozy with NASCAR to the degree that NASCAR money becomes involved in The Chili Bowl. So far The Chili Bowl is, for the most part, a grass roots dirt racing event. That may account for it's continued huge popularity. I've heard Emmett speak several times in a semi-casual setting and he admits that, in his own words, "I'm a whore. If there is money to be made I'm all in". His frankness and willingness to speak the truth is refreshing but also it's a warning that if someone or some entity throws enough money at Emmett he'll be willing to cut them in. NASCAR is not an entity loyal dirt racing fans want to see involved, especially with the biggest and best dirt event of the whole season.

I know I'm sounding like some other paranoid dirt loving NASCAR haters that frequent some other sections of this message board but here goes anyway. I don't want NASCAR to be anywhere near or have any involvement with dirt track racing. NASCAR has proven beyond a doubt that they have no loyalty or concern for anything or anyone who doesn't have the capacity to make them money or further their media exposure.