Default J bar/ straight bar location

I bought a new pinion plate that is 2 sided with a centered hole below the pinion. I normally run a 20 inch j bar but I'm curious if anyone had tried the centered hole below the pinion with a straight bar? I'm not really interested in running a short bar to the left of pinion but the centered hole has me wondering what it would do for the car

Think about where the bar is applying the loads from the chassis.
    Moving the bar from the RS of the pinion to the middle moves the loads about 1.5" closer to the LR.
    So all things the same, it'll apply a little more LR tire load. (tends to loosen off throttle entry and tighten the middle while loosening the car on the throttle exit)
    Now if you go changing lengths and angles and all that, I'll go back to what I said earlier, think it through with where the J bar is applying the loads.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardracing View Post
    Think about where the bar is applying the loads from the chassis.
    To add to this, think also where the weight applied from the bar is coming from.

Most likely removing weight from the tops of both rear springs and applying it to the axle. Weight has to come from somewhere.

On that thought, are we chasing our tail here?
    Can we just raise or lower the bar equally on both ends to tune for appropriate rear body roll?
    Then let the springs and shocks control weight and timing?

Just some thoughts. Kinda boring here.