Default Loss of front steering

With this becoming more and more prevalent, is it yalls opinion there is too much load on the rf or not enough?

I'm not sure i know what your referencing. If it's people describing Volusia as being like eastbay. It has nothing to do with setup. Not saying their aren't things that couldn't help but their is nothing "wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    With this becoming more and more prevalent, is it yalls opinion there is too much load on the rf or not enough?
    The cars only use 1 front tire most of the lap. That's a problem.

But when you run a series with those dumb, 4 same tires most the night rules, it's nice to have a fresh LF that hasn't worked yet, that you can deploy somewhere else.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 01-19-2021 at 07:18 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Your talking about shoving the nose thru the middle, or when you pick up the fuel coming off the corner?

I see some cars tight in the center and you can see them really trying to turn left, sometimes they will skate off to the right a bit. That could be just a off the fuel problem of some sort.

At East Bay when the track changes you will see a lot of guys really shove the nose when they pick up the gas, trying to come off, or accelerate off the corner.

IMHO is not enough load, and or the load is moving to the LR to fast, but i am probably wrong.

As MBR said getting the LF in the game can help, but is that more on entry?

Just say no...

IMHO is not enough load, and or the load is moving to the LR to fast, but i am probably wrong.

My thought as well, esp with all the aero now on the rear! Way back in the nlms days, we would put a small piece of lead up on the rf framerail!

if the rear end is working properly , then there is less load on the rack in , through and off the turn.....jmo...

Perhaps clarify

So if the car is at full hike, or dropping ?

Dropping down from full hike, less rear steer, you can introduce a push, when you pick up the fuel. Interesting way to look at it. If you approach it like that, since full hike is the most steering available, so if you slip the front at full hike you need to look somewhere else i guess.

Just say no...

Full hike!

If you watched Bloomers car at Volusia, even as good as he said it rolled the middle, you could tell he was battling a throttle push!

Yep, see it a lot. The Capital cars seem to really battle it, most i see are always tight in some way on the track.

So i guess if your throttle tight then, you got a battle between rear steer, droop or trail etc, and load on the tires?

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Yep, see it a lot. The Capital cars seem to really battle it, most i see are always tight in some way on the track.

So i guess if your throttle tight then, you got a battle between rear steer, droop or trail etc, and load on the tires?
    You can either make the front end work better, or hit the rear tire loads just right.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post

We were told from the Rocket group to run 6" of stagger. It might work fine, but it doesnt sound right to me!

6" of stagger sounds like a crutch to me too.
    We used to run 6" with a SUPR Spec motor with the big rear spoiler. It was a swing arm car and when it was muddy, that was the fastest and easiest way to solve the problem quickly.
    With a four-bar car and all the shock technology and these fancy spring smashers, everybody just has to have, 6" of stagger just sounds like a hack way of getting the car to turn. The cars are either too tight on side bite or too much dynamic wedge.
    Unless they are running on an 1/8th mile circle.
    Sprint cars use a lot of stagger because the wings make the car too tight.
    Last edited by Ltemodel; 01-23-2021 at 01:02 PM.

I felt it for the first time last summer. Happened coming out of the turn. Def lack of load. It wasn't a push, you can feel grip when you have a push. This felt like zero grip in the RF which is why I say lack of load. Weirdest feeling ever. The RF feels like it has marbles under it. The next lap I made sure to get the nose down thru the middle a little more and didn't happen again. Had me puzzled for a long time after.
    Last edited by FlatTire; 01-25-2021 at 11:53 PM.