Default Scott Bloomquist pinning hopes for 2021 success on new cars

https://insidedirtracing.com/scott-b...s-on-new-cars/

Bloomquist scored his first podium finish of the year a full six months earlier than in 2020
    Last edited by Returning to Dirt; 01-19-2021 at 07:18 PM.

Thank you once again for all the great articles you bring👍

I noticed the right front on his new car was almost straight up instead of negative camber like you see with Rockets and Longhorns for example. Is this different than what he normally runs because I'm pretty sure I've seen him run before with the negative camber like the others.

(I'll sit over here on the couch and wait to be told I made another ignorant post.) Sorry for asking what could be an ignorant question.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Oh the ignorance will certainly hit this thread, no doubt. Just as soon as dirtcrazy4u runs across it... 😁

Not at all. His car looks good through the middle of the corner. He has the LF hiking up as high as the LR. Shock magic ? Maybe, maybe not. Way to early to tell. Get back in the kitchen and scrub the floors you don't deserve a samwich

His car looked very good on Saturday. Had that been another 5 or so laps he might have won. He had the low groove working good. Then again he’s always been good on dry slick tracks.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

NeedforLMspeed, not a dumb question IMHO, Bloomquist has never been much on all the crazy camber. There is a couple things going on when you run that excessive camber. You get what is called camber thrust, basically the tire is rolling on the inner edge and it makes it want to turn to that edge. Then it messes with the KPI, contact patch of the tire to the king pin inclination, called scrub radius.

I can guarantee you one thing, its not done by accident. These guys like Bloomquist, and others look at every part of a race car for speed. Jackie Boggs told me one time that .020 (3 or 4 sheets of paper thick) made his car junk LOL. So its all scrutinized.

Just say no...

Thanks for the explanation Krom. Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Not at all. His car looks good through the middle of the corner. He has the LF hiking up as high as the LR. Shock magic ? Maybe, maybe not. Way to early to tell. Get back in the kitchen and scrub the floors you don't deserve a samwich
    That floor is squeaky clean dc4, and them samiches are made fresh daily (right richie? Hahahahaha) "Not at all"? Lol, come on now! Smh... you'll find something ignorant to bring to the picnic. You can't help but to be negative concerning ole Bloom Bloom. You always do........ 😛😆

No one can run that late apex corner entry line like Bloomquist does, very glad to see him back up front again. Hope he gets it all worked out and wins some races again.

Just say no...

I couldn't exactly remember because I didn't see him race last year. I think he ran some negative but not as extreme as the others you see.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    NeedforLMspeed, not a dumb question IMHO, Bloomquist has never been much on all the crazy camber. There is a couple things going on when you run that excessive camber. You get what is called camber thrust, basically the tire is rolling on the inner edge and it makes it want to turn to that edge. Then it messes with the KPI, contact patch of the tire to the king pin inclination, called scrub radius.I can guarantee you one thing, its not done by accident. These guys like Bloomquist, and others look at every part of a race car for speed. Jackie Boggs told me one time that .020 (3 or 4 sheets of paper thick) made his car junk LOL. So its all scrutinized.
    This is the kind of stuff I want to hear from announcers on all the streaming platforms!

I don't think Strickler would've last much longer. His RR went flat right after the feature.
    2021 race count
    6 events

I remember when they were all lifting the left front in the air bloomquist said he has 4 tires and wants to use them all lol if he’s feeling the throttle better and they don’t have a cushion to lean on team zero may have a good amount of victories
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

My son always said it's easier to roll them than it is to carry them
    We build fast race cars,,not race cars fast!