Thread: Rip #44

Default Rip #44

Henry Louis Aaron passed away today. Never had the honor to watch Mr. Aaron play given that he was a bit before my time. I've read much about Mr. Aaron and cannot find a disparaging utterance from anyone. By all accounts Mr. Aaron was the epitome' of class, dignity, humility and honor. The world do well with many, many more like Henry Aaron. He persevered through the jim crow era and faced rampant racism while maintaining class and dignity throughout it all!

Mr. Aaron is the true Home Run King. Barry Bonds in nothing more than a steroid baby imposter.

Rest In Peace Mr. Aaron. You were one of the greatest baseball players of all time and an even better human being.

Had the pleasure of seeing him hit a home run in person. RIP Mr. Aaron.
    I hate time trials.

Hank Aaron, Don Sutton, Tommy Lasorda, Whitey Ford, Lou Brock, Bib Gibson, Tom Seaver, Phil Niekro, Joe Morgan. D@mn we’ve lost some greats in the last 6 months.

Aaron was the class of Baseball, no one better to admire. Saw his whole career. Even though I thought Mays was slightly better and I mean slightly, Aaron had an incredible career. I wonder what he would have cost the Braves in todays finances. He played in a different era for sure, and I think I liked it better than the current one.

Glad I was old enough to see him hit 715.......saw it live of course!

Didn't see 715 but saw him jack a few out of Fulton county......sounds cliche but he truly transcended the sport.

Rip Hammer
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????