Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Front left nose?

Looks like the new thing is the front left fender flaring out real wide is the new thing or am I just noticing it now?

Been that way last couple years. Some more than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    Been that way last couple years. Some more than others.
    It was really extreme on the Rocket House Car last night

It was extreme on a lot of cars last night. Francis better get a hold of it or by the time they roll into east bay it may be to late

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    It was extreme on a lot of cars last night. Francis better get a hold of it or by the time they roll into east bay it may be to late
    They won’t do anything about it anyway.

Yeah Francis was supposed to tech them a lot harder when he took that position.

I think things are getting a little out of hand. They don't even look like cars anymore. i would like to see them look like they did about fifteen years ago.

More often than not, the sanctioning bodies talk tough about enforcing the rules , but then let things go thru tech. There are aero rules in place , but racers bend the rules past the acceptable limit and still race.

The bodies now a days look completely ridiculous. A complete abortion. The right front jacked up in the air, the front of the right side tucked in 10" or more behind the tire and the left side of the car looking like a dang boomerang. It would be nice if they would get the bodies under control.

Making the bodies straight and symmetrical is what needs to happen. The chances of that actually happening are very, very slim.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by late model chaser View Post
    I think things are getting a little out of hand. They don't even look like cars anymore. i would like to see them look like they did about fifteen years ago.
    yes, definitely

I watched Terbo drive in circles to the right Saturday night while was Randall standing on the LR corner of the car. The lucas officials stood about 75ft away and watched it all go down. They measured the deck height, and gave him a thumbs up to go on for the lineup.

I'm not pointing the finger at Terbo or Randall either one, they all do it, it's the lack of enforcement from the officials. No way the cars pass tech without them doing what they do. 95% of the time, the officials watch these guys do this.

They were a little out of hand 5 years ago. Now they are whack. You have 60 hrs of work to make a car from 10 years ago, have a competitive body.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I watched Terbo drive in circles to the right Saturday night while was Randall standing on the LR corner of the car. The lucas officials stood about 75ft away and watched it all go down. They measured the deck height, and gave him a thumbs up to go on for the lineup.

I'm not pointing the finger at Terbo or Randall either one, they all do it, it's the lack of enforcement from the officials. No way the cars pass tech without them doing what they do. 95% of the time, the officials watch these guys do this.
    Yet if fans call it out on their FB page, they deny deny.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Default bodies

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    They were a little out of hand 5 years ago. Now they are whack. You have 60 hrs of work to make a car from 10 years ago, have a competitive body.
    BELIEVE ME I KNOW, (because i do the bodies on the guy that MBR helps) and the more I look at photos of these newer cars, the more that needs to be done.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Left rear is way up in the air i mean like it looks like 6 ft high

Me personally, I love the ways the cars look now. I love the body lines, and the crooked right side, the whole deal. To me, comparing todays cars/bodies to the way they looked 15 years ago would be like comparing a brand new Mustang shelby GT to a 1996 Mustang GT. Not even close. Like Mark Martin said on twitter a year or 2 back, they are the "sexiest" race cars on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by RayCook53fan View Post
    Me personally, I love the ways the cars look now. I love the body lines, and the crooked right side, the whole deal. To me, comparing todays cars/bodies to the way they looked 15 years ago would be like comparing a brand new Mustang shelby GT to a 1996 Mustang GT. Not even close. Like Mark Martin said on twitter a year or 2 back, they are the "sexiest" race cars on the planet.
    Only difference is, real cars change to sell new ones. Race cars are supposed to stay the same, so people know what to build.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post

I witnessed that at every show I attended last year. Totally laughable.
    8/13/16

Thank you RAYCOOK53FAN. I agree with you & Mark Martin.
    8/13/16