Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Thank you RAYCOOK53FAN. I agree with you & Mark Martin.
    You could fix them and a fan in the stands could tell little difference. And guys could fit one in a regular enclosed trailer without disassembly.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

These are the best looking race cars from late models all the way to street stocks. None of them look like daily drivers anymore. It’s not like it’s nascar in the 80s when your daily driver looked like what you watched on tv on Sunday. If your building bodies and haven’t noticed the way 99% of everyone else has been making them since 2015 or 16 then maybe you should get another profession.

He's speaking about smaller details you would fail to see.

They are so far outside the rule book, it's a joke.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Only difference is, real cars change to sell new ones. Race cars are supposed to stay the same, so people know what to build.
    Since when? Race cars have been continually evolving since the start of racing.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    Since when? Race cars have been continually evolving since the start of racing.
    In ways the rules don't address, that's natural. Ignoring rules is not.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

In ways the rules don't address, that's natural. Ignoring rules is not.
    That's not really what you said. You said race cars are supposed to stay the same.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    That's not really what you said. You said race cars are supposed to stay the same.
    My bad. Rules are supposed to fix key items of the car, so that a guy knows what to build.

How's that?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

My bad. Rules are supposed to fix key items of the car, so that a guy knows what to build.

How's that?
    The problem is, when teams quit building key body parts, and aftermarket folks stepped in, all scrutiny was lost.

Rule makers have never back to backed a curved roof and a flat one with 4" of rake, and it shows. When we built our own, that wouldn't get past tech. Now, it's rubber stamped. Same deal with noses. The companies make more and more wedge ones every year to outsell the competition.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

The problem is, when teams quit building key body parts, and aftermarket folks stepped in, all scrutiny was lost.

Rule makers have never back to backed a curved roof and a flat one with 4" of rake, and it shows. When we built our own, that wouldn't get past tech. Now, it's rubber stamped. Same deal with noses. The companies make more and more wedge ones every year to outsell the competition.
    And the whole nose pieces deal was to make them look more like regular cars. Back in 95 when the noses became standard (we went from the wedge sheet metal and 6" or so of plastic at bottom to the stock type noses), they were something like $89 or $99 and only consisted of the 2 half's of the nose. Now you have almost 500.00 worth of nose, batwings, and valances and they resemble nothing

Shrugs

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    And the whole nose pieces deal was to make them look more like regular cars. Back in 95 when the noses became standard (we went from the wedge sheet metal and 6" or so of plastic at bottom to the stock type noses), they were something like $89 or $99 and only consisted of the 2 half's of the nose. Now you have almost 500.00 worth of nose, batwings, and valances and they resemble nothingShrugs
    Ah come on. I put my cadillac stickers on and I couldn't tell a single difference. Other That a 13 inch difference in ground clearance from one side to the other. Lol

Let them build. Let them create. Let them go faster than hell 👍👍👍

Why do you call them racecars. What car do they look like?

The problem with the current late model is it needs "clear air" because they are sooooo aero dependent. If they lose air from someone sliding up in front of them, the trailing car loses steering. On TV you cannot see how out of control the bodies are, look at 1 head on from the front at deck level. The sloped deck is a huge issue with the @$$ end up in the air with the suspension. Take the rake out of the deck would help a bunch I think.

You could fix them and a fan in the stands could tell little difference. And guys could fit one in a regular enclosed trailer without disassembly.
    You could flatten the whole body at 37” deck height and take all that downforce away and change the look of the car from the bleachers very little.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    The problem with the current late model is it needs "clear air" because they are sooooo aero dependent. If they lose air from someone sliding up in front of them, the trailing car loses steering. On TV you cannot see how out of control the bodies are, look at 1 head on from the front at deck level. The sloped deck is a huge issue with the @$$ end up in the air with the suspension. Take the rake out of the deck would help a bunch I think.
    Man, just look at Davenports car when he gets into traffic. It will not handle.

The right front on the 76 tonight is the most ridiculous thing I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt33 View Post
    The right front on the 76 tonight is the most ridiculous thing I have seen.
    Yep, his was the worst!

I agree with you can wrangle these bodies in and not really lose the “look” everybody likes. The decks look to be more of a wing this year just in photos I’ve seen. I imagine they are pretty fun to load in the trailer with that new right side nose they are running as well

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    And the whole nose pieces deal was to make them look more like regular cars. Back in 95 when the noses became standard (we went from the wedge sheet metal and 6" or so of plastic at bottom to the stock type noses), they were something like $89 or $99 and only consisted of the 2 half's of the nose. Now you have almost 500.00 worth of nose, batwings, and valances and they resemble nothing

Shrugs
    I loved those old stock nose pieces like the 95 Mustang nose. The fenders actually bent out of sheet metal and they just looked darn good. I thought the Probe nose from 94 was pretty good looking too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"Todays cars are too aero dependent, we need to go back to the way it used to be!"

...The way it used to be...
    Attached Images Attached Images