Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    I agree , just like with shocks , h3ll , a top notch shock and spring package today will cost you more than we put in the whole car 20 years ago.....
    But you can still win with a set of the previous gen Ohlins.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I don't buy that. We got here by doing nothing. And now they race like crap. We got here by no rules enforcement and body part mfgs try to 1 up each other.

There was no conscious effort to improve racing.
    I thought the race last night was very entertaining.

The first 15 laps was about as good as it gets.

For some reason, if you race with the squirrels in the back, you always get your nuts cracked!

Wouldn't it be cool if either, or both, major series would build a show car exactly to the specs in their respective rule books and be able to have that on display?

You want it to look like,....that?
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

I don't agree with the "trying to get them to race better" argument. The engine cost going up because of the aero is one thing, but saying races aren't as good just seems crazy to me. I have been going to races since the mid 90s, and the past few years I've seen as much or more good, side by side racing as I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by RayCook53fan View Post
    I don't agree with the "trying to get them to race better" argument. The engine cost going up because of the aero is one thing, but saying races aren't as good just seems crazy to me. I have been going to races since the mid 90s, and the past few years I've seen as much or more good, side by side racing as I have ever seen.
    I've been watching since the 80s. I see guys tuck under cars and wash out. They don't race side by side. It's duck under and check up or it's a slide job.

I feel it's been a long time since I saw 2 cars door to door for complete circuits. They go back single on the straight and dive bomb to pass.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 01-27-2021 at 03:00 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I've been watching since the 80s. I see guys tuck under cars and wash out. They don't race side by side. It's duck under and check up or it's a slide job.

I feel it's been a long time since I saw 2 cars door to door for complete circuits. They go back single on the straight and dive bomb to pass.
    There is some truth to that. Eckert was asked on a podcast why drivers of today do not seem to have the friendships they did back when him, Francis, Moran, and McDowell were traveling and he simply said this.. Back then you passed a guy on exit, today you pass them on entry. Funny and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher88 View Post
    Ah come on. I put my cadillac stickers on and I couldn't tell a single difference. Other That a 13 inch difference in ground clearance from one side to the other. Lol
    How’s the GPS and lane assist in that SOB
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Better not let go of the wheel. She's turning left. Needs an alignment.