Thread: Boyds speedway

Default Boyds speedway

Planning on going Saturday for first time just wanting some thoughts on the track from people that have been.

Its a nice facility. Bring sunglasses if its sunny, the sun sets directly in your face from the bleachers. Also reccomend a bleacher seat or cushion. Its a day race, so most likely the track will black over and the cars will line up and run around the bottom, it isn't very banked. But I'm sure it will still be nice to see, hear, and smell some race cars in January.

Oh, and park as close to the gate as you can. It can be a traffic jam trying to get out of the grandstand parking area! Seems like the new owners have some good ideas, I wish them much success!

Well the new owners are going to put new clay on it which will help at night races day races are just about one lane on any track but with the new clay an working the track night races should be good if they woul do progressive banking along with the new clay then they would have something.

I see they only had 18 supers last year is this normal car count

I'm pretty sure I remember the weather being absolutely miserable last year for this event.