Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    Qualify to start near the front, get in front in the heat race, start in the front of the feature, get in front of the feature. There's almost no passing these days, it's all about starting first unless you're willing to drive like an a$$h0le
    Way easier to win up front, but man have you watched the last two nights at Eastbay? Moran from the back last night and Richards from the back to 4th tonight. I say there has been some dang good racing!

I like Clint Bowyer, seems to be entertaining and from all I've heard a pretty good, down-to-earth guy. But the list of CBR career killers is getting longer and longer and even though O'Neal won the title once, they've never had a standout season from any of their drivers and teams, and it seems funding isn't an issue. Is it possible that their salaries are high enough that they lose some of their motivation?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Josh's biggest mistake was leaving team valvoline. Yea say he needed to go out on his own and get to do it on his own. His first season with best was great. His second season was like he couldn't wait for the season to end. Erb has that ride because of the $$$ coming from family. It's a far better ride than his abilities. Josh will continue to struggle unless the car is perfect. B Sheppard has drive to be the best. Josh became a family man and lost that drive.
    This post didn't age well.

About 30 min after posting this, Terbo takes the checkers.

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    Way easier to win up front, but man have you watched the last two nights at Eastbay? Moran from the back last night and Richards from the back to 4th tonight. I say there has been some dang good racing!
    There have been movers in the features. It's the heats where no one can pass. Usually the b main is that way too. Track has to slow down a tick, before they can race.

And that said, restarts are where big chunks of those moves come from.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Josh's biggest problem is he shows up at the track with his helmet bag. It's the same problem all the Bowyer drivers have had. Don O'Neal was probably about the best non working driver that's ever been on either series but the results reflect that. This isn't nascar where 150 people have been fine tuning your ride all week and you show up and hold the steering wheel on Friday and then they go over the "data" and dial the car in. It's a proven fact that you have to be involved in and understand most every sieve of a dirt latemodel to be successful. You slso need people who know your driving and what the car should be doing watching you turn laps. It's very hard to make all the calls in these cars from the seat very very few drivers can do that effectively through their whole career. This is one of the things that makes larson so good so fast. He doesent have a feel he's looking for he just goes out their and looks for speed and he trust that kevin has given him s fast car

Im curious. How many drivers just show up at the track and drive and spend minimal time in the shop. Josh? TMac? Davenport? B Shepp? EPJ? Bailes?

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    All those restarts are where the passing happens. The camera should be focused on the pack during those restarts since that's where the action is.

Quote Originally Posted by bullittwrench View Post
    Im curious. How many drivers just show up at the track and drive and spend minimal time in the shop. Josh? TMac? Davenport? B Shepp? EPJ? Bailes?
    Shepp is more hands on than people tend to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Josh's biggest mistake was leaving team valvoline. Yea say he needed to go out on his own and get to do it on his own. His first season with best was great. His second season was like he couldn't wait for the season to end. Erb has that ride because of the $$$ coming from family. It's a far better ride than his abilities. Josh will continue to struggle unless the car is perfect. B Sheppard has drive to be the best. Josh became a family man and lost that drive.
    The second season where he finished second in points only 285 behind? And still won the DTWC also.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Shepp is more hands on than people tend to believe.
    I've watched a couple shop videos from the Rocket factroy and Sheppard was in the background working on cars.

Pennsboro. Yea he was up on the wheel for sure. Will see how Tyler is doing in a couple months. I hope the kid does do well, he just seems to fade as the season drags on. The kid is young and I'm sure he has a great deal of distractions which come with a single guy his age.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    All those restarts are where the passing happens. The camera should be focused on the pack during those restarts since that's where the action is.
    I agree that does happen a lot on restarts and I agree the heats are pretty subpar. The action up front in the features have been great though. The fast cars battling for the win. Pretty stellar if you ask me. No choo choo races.

Two keywords.....Mark Richards!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Two keywords.....Mark Richards!
    The George Soros of dirt late models.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The George Soros of dirt late models.
    More like Donald Trump.......the GREATEST racecars ever built! lol

Erb fades as the season goes on because the tracks dry out quicker in the summer and he is clearly a hammer down driver. However, I will say I was impressed with Erb running well in Arizona. I think Randall has figured out how to get the car tight enough in the slick and Terbo has gotten a little better with the right foot on slicker surfaces. A combination that seems to be working well so far this season.

Josh lives approx 4 1/2 to 5 hours from Shinnston.

I personally think it shows how much of a team effort makes a difference. I mean even his daddy says there is nothing special about the house car, it has the same setup and parts as all the other Rockets have. Right?.......or?........