Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Josh Richards struggles...

Why is he so inconsistent? He’s been driving rockets for years and has the backing from Clint Bowyer.

I don't think its Josh. He didn't forget how to drive.

I wouldn't hit the panic button on a new season after 2 events.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Clint bowyer has some bucks 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I don't think its Josh. He didn't forget how to drive.
    So true. That can be said about most guy's out there. With times so close, it doesn't take much to go from front row to 3rd row. Again, the cars being so even, get behind the 8 ball, and your chances of winning drop dramatically. Nowadays it's all about qualifying.
    8/13/16

Josh needs to hook up with Bloomer. Give his daddy some competition 😜😃

i like clint, with that being said when has his team ever over performed or really even matched the equipment theyve had? 2014 is the only year everything went like it should. Im not sure if its the structure or crews or what but the actual results hardly ever match what they should look like on paper. No way should the best ride be consistently better than cbr

Hell I went to a late model race like ten years ago and Bowyer got whooped by non other than the extremely talented Austin Dillon

riddle28, I think Randall is the reason. One of the, if not the best guy to have in your corner.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    riddle28, I think Randall is the reason. One of the, if not the best guy to have in your corner.
    thats true, good crew chief and maybe a better coach

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Hell I went to a late model race like ten years ago and Bowyer got whooped by non other than the extremely talented Austin Dillon

childress hired the mcdowells to pretty much raise them like the first 5 years of their careers. they were pretty decent on dirt. didnt one of them set a new track record at eldora one year?

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    childress hired the mcdowells to pretty much raise them like the first 5 years of their careers. they were pretty decent on dirt. didnt one of them set a new track record at eldora one year?
    Austin came to West Virginia Motor Speedway once in a late model. He got around that place good, about as fast as anyone I've ever seen there. I think he was quick time that night and ended up breaking in the feature.

Pretty sure Austin holds the SLM track record at Boyd's Speedway. The place is normally slick, but that night it was hooked up and he broke the record.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    So true. That can be said about most guy's out there. With times so close, it doesn't take much to go from front row to 3rd row. Again, the cars being so even, get behind the 8 ball, and your chances of winning drop dramatically. Nowadays it's all about qualifying.
    That is absolutely the case!!! Josh wound up trying so hard to make up for his time trials, that he over drove the car and backed up even more. Happens to the best of them sometimes. Qualify or you might be on stand by.

He should be a threat every time out regardless of his crew chief considering the access he has and funds. He also should know Rocket cars better than anyone else considering the history. He just doesn’t seem to have the fire as in years past.

He doesn't live anywhere near Rocket headquarters. What makes you think he should know the ins and outs of the rocket better than almost anyone?

Like mentioned before, the Bowyer rides have never been great. Don had a good year in 14', that's been about it. Plenty of big time drivers have struggled in that ride. They have the best of the best but money doesn't equal success.

I know he doesn’t live close but he’s obviously been around Rocket since the day he was born. Considering Mark is his dad and it’s the only chassis he’s ever been in, he should know them in and out.

Technology and chassis development is always evolving.

Josh's biggest mistake was leaving team valvoline. Yea say he needed to go out on his own and get to do it on his own. His first season with best was great. His second season was like he couldn't wait for the season to end. Erb has that ride because of the $$$ coming from family. It's a far better ride than his abilities. Josh will continue to struggle unless the car is perfect. B Sheppard has drive to be the best. Josh became a family man and lost that drive.

Qualify to start near the front, get in front in the heat race, start in the front of the feature, get in front of the feature. There's almost no passing these days, it's all about starting first unless you're willing to drive like an a$$h0le