Default LOLMS Provisionals last night

With 76 cars in the pits last night it was definitely tough to make the field. My question is how where the following 6 drivers chosen for a provisional? Richards, Pearson, Moyer, Jr, Bruening, Satterlee, and Jackson, Jr. I understand the first four as they were/are Lucas Oil regulars, but why was Satterlee and Jackson chosen for a provisional?

There was a fast time provisional, but I can't remember who received it.

Will Herrington got the fast time card.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Will Herrington got the fast time card.
    series prov. Josh and Earl Jr.
    Straw. dash prov. Frankie
    series emergency prov. Moyer, Bruening, Satterlee, Jackson Jr.
    .................................................. ..................................................
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    With 76 cars in the pits last night it was definitely tough to make the field. My question is how where the following 6 drivers chosen for a provisional? Richards, Pearson, Moyer, Jr, Bruening, Satterlee, and Jackson, Jr. I understand the first four as they were/are Lucas Oil regulars, but why was Satterlee and Jackson chosen for a provisional?
    Emergency provisionals. Each driver only gets so many of those a season. As James Essex explained it, a driver taking an emergency provisional gets points, but no money unless they move up to a certain position. They're basically racing for free to maintain their spot in the points.

Thank you....now I know the rest of the story

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    Emergency provisionals. Each driver only gets so many of those a season. As James Essex explained it, a driver taking an emergency provisional gets points, but no money unless they move up to a certain position. They're basically racing for free to maintain their spot in the points.
    There is no purse money set aside for emergency provisional starters. Those drivers must advance to a position that pays more than start money and they then receive the difference.

Say they advance to 7th place. If start money is $400 and that spot pays $1000, they get $600.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I don't liek provisionals. You either race your way in like an adult or pack up and leave. No more handouts for the losers.