Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Fellas provisionals are necessary. I do not see why anyone watching should be concerned. You tell me how many drivers would follow WOO or Lucas (Just picking top two series) if there were no provisionals or other benefits? Anyone paying attention should know that!!!
    Who said no benefits?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Loyalty is shown in tech. Haha
    Shame on him if he's cheating and running that bad!

I know a guy with some secret sauce!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Shame on him if he's cheating and running that bad!

I know a guy with some secret sauce!
    Team 385 is where it's at.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Team 385 is where it's at.
    LOL......you know it!

Provisional would be more necessary if some one had a mechanical issue beyond their control. Not because they can't even get out of there own way.
    Last edited by NeedforLM$peed; 01-28-2021 at 04:23 AM.
    2021 race count
    6 events

I've always been a fan of no provisionals back in the day before all the series you had to run to get in at eldora you don't get in that is what I call true racing when they all qualify in I think that is why half them guys run a series they know they will be in feature.

Default Provisionals

They are needed, period, end of story. To show respect to the guys who follow your tour, and to be loyal, they should exist.

Now, in saying that, there should be a limit. Say have the provisional total be for 20% of the races ran total. So 50 races is 10, and so on.

Not the EPJ, Blake Spencer, Colton Flinner special.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Had a bunch of regulars start and run a few laps Monday night then put it on the trailer. Just sucks for the guys that could've made the A main and raced

When you have a parody account named after you...

https://mobile.twitter.com/epjbmain
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by BEVANS View Post
    Had a bunch of regulars start and run a few laps Monday night then put it on the trailer. Just sucks for the guys that could've made the A main and raced
    So are you saying the provisionals kept other guys from a chance to race?

Provisionals exist because series exist. Series have to take care of their drivers, or there would be no series. I agree that it gets a little absurd at times, but they’re never going away.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

It really isn't complicated. Drivers follow a series, there will be provisionals.

Say what you want about provisionals but I've seen Marlar, Thornton, Herrington, Heckenast, Jackson, Scott, and Satterlee all get free passes into the A Main on emergency provisionals. Now correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think any of these guys have ever run the series. What justifies an emergency provisional? Just saying you'll run their series? I can see why guys commit, then drop off if that's the case.
    8/13/16

Emergency provisional only 2 a night, have to have perfect attendance so far, you only have two (2), unless all other perfect attendance drivers are already in the field, also payout for Emergency provisional is the difference between start money and position payout.

There are 2 2020 regular Lucas provisinals, 2 emergency provisionals (from 2020) and 2 for 2021 points

Remember that time a track made up a provisional for Bloomquist and he took out the leader when being lapped? Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by slideiton View Post
    Emergency provisional only 2 a night, have to have perfect attendance so far, you only have two (2), unless all other perfect attendance drivers are already in the field, also payout for Emergency provisional is the difference between start money and position payout.
    Right, you don't get start money for emergency provisionals. I think James gave a good explanation last year. if you take the emergency provisional, you have to finish about minimum payout before you earn anything other than points.
    He said if the race pays 1000 to start and 12000 to win, and you were to come from emergency provisional and win, you'd get 11,000.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    Remember that time a track made up a provisional for Bloomquist and he took out the leader when being lapped? Good times.
    Where was this?
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Here we go

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Here we go
    I figured you’d be itching to tell us where, what he ate, etc etc? If it happened, fine, it’ll be ok. I’d guess last year when he was awful or year before. Maybe a Macon Lucas race, he’s awful there too.