Default 50k to win Super Late Models @ Dirt Track at Texas Motor Speedway

50k to win late models at Texas Motor Speedway September 16-18.

Same weekend as Knoxville...

https://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/m...jF-x-AamTgN3Wk
    Formerly 66#1

I guess, the more big paydays, the better.
    But I think scheduling on top of Knoxville, ain't a good move.
    Because Dirt's for Racin'...

I bet they get a lot of the outlaws which kills Knoxville car count
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

They'll get Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, maybe some California drivers. They'll get Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama drivers. They'll get some from Arkansas and maybe Missouri and it will not hurt Knoxville one bit.

Those who want to show up for the big show at Knoxville will be there. I don't think Texas peels many away since the travel distances between the two are that big. The Texas show is a great opportunity for a bunch of drivers who might not even consider going to Knoxville.

Sure there might be a couple WoO drivers who see a better opportunity in Texas than going against LOLM at Knoxville, but it won't be as many as you think.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

I put this in the “you can’t make this crap up” category. TMS PR calls it a crown jewel event, even though it has never been run before. At least have the decency to not call it a crown jewel when you schedule it against a true crown jewel. Knoxville’s 100 lap finales have been pretty darn good year after year and deserve the crown jewel designation, if it is going to be used at all.

drich24
    I put this in the “you can’t make this crap up” category. TMS PR calls it a crown jewel event, even though it has never been run before. At least have the decency to not call it a crown jewel when you schedule it against a true crown jewel. Knoxville’s 100 lap finales have been pretty darn good year after year and deserve the crown jewel designation, if it is going to be used at all.

Big f'ing deal. If it puts money in more drivers & teams pockets that don't have the funds to compete with the big boys at Knoxville who the he!! cares. I'd like to see more drivers and teams get a piece of the pie as well. Not just the same teams over and over again. I applaud them for taking a shot at it and running a big race in a region of the United States where there aren't a whole lot of Super Late Model cars & teams to begin with and giving them something to run for. Good Luck to those who decide to compete at this event.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Good look drawing a crowd on Monday night with modified being top class.

My moneys on Cade dillard for that one. I've seen sprint car races there and it was pretty good. Never saw lms tho

I will say I wish the race was at Devil's Bowl. That would really be a treat.

The TMS dirt track is the nicest facility I've ever visited,and probably still is one of the nicest tracks 20 plus years after it opened. My wife and I went to the HAT race there in 2000 that was held at the same time as the huge Pate swap meet. The swap meet was on the grounds of the big track,and one ticket got you in both events. The track was rough at that event,but they eventually got a handle on the surface. It's looked to be pretty smooth and fast from all the videos I've seen the last few years.

I will say I think that Knoxville might have the better racing of the two along with the history of the Late Model Nationals and the track itself. This Comp Cams race from the TMS event in 2019 ain't too shabby,though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkJ4XTwfOyQ

As for who shows,who knows? You don't have to have big names to have a great race,but you know some of them are gonna come and take a shot at that money.
    Formerly 66#1

The one thing you might notice, is that the group putting on the event is the same group hired by SMI, the owners of LVMS, Bristol, TMS, and other NASCAR tracks to put on the big dirt events at those venues. So I bet this event in September will be similar to the March 15-20 Bristol event.

It'll be interesting what the rest of the purse pays.

My money will be on Chris Brown for the big 50k at TMS and that 18 race Monday nite series will be a big flop. Its obvious the promoter has no clue there are close to 10 other tracks within 2.5hrs of DFW racing weekly that all compete for the same group of cars. I don't see most guys taking off half of Monday and fighting traffic 18 times.
    Last edited by FlatTire; 01-30-2021 at 12:02 AM.

TMS *is* (part of) SMI. They've had declining attendance at the big track for years, so over the top promotion is no surprise. The ghost of N. Wilkesboro has arisen and wants retribution.

Quote Originally Posted by kipling View Post
    It'll be interesting what the rest of the purse pays.
    I'm sure it'll probably resemble the Bristol pay out

Bristol Dirt Nationals

Place Pay
    1 $50,000.00
    2 $20,000.00
    3 $10,000.00
    4 $7,500.00
    5 $6,000.00
    6 $5,000.00
    7 $4,000.00
    8 $3,900.00
    9 $3,750.00
    10 $3,600.00
    11 $3,400.00
    12 $3,200.00
    13 $3,000.00
    14 $2,500.00
    15 $2,400.00
    16 $2,300.00
    17 $2,200.00
    18 $2,100.00
    19 $2,000.00
    20 $2,000.00
    21 $2,000.00
    22 $2,000.00
    23 $2,000.00
    24 $2,000.00
    2021 race count
    6 events

Just read the double purse deal at vegas that’s cool.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Thanks, that payout will draw cars.

Quote Originally Posted by kipling View Post
    Thanks, that payout will draw cars.
    No worries. It was on the Bristol website but buried in alot of other info. I was actually looking to see if there was a cut off date for LM entries. I would have to assume though that since all 3 events are in unison with each other I assume that would be the payout for all 3.
    Last edited by NeedforLM$peed; 02-03-2021 at 08:32 PM.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Knoxville. Isn’t that a sprint car destination ?

If racers will pull out to Arizona to race,then why wouldn't they go to Vegas especially with a good payback and a chance to win a big bonus? Plus,you have the vacation/fun factor of Las Vegas itself.
    Formerly 66#1