Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    And Again cant carry in beer to the track. They used to before Tony bought it as Earl was grandfathered claused in but OHIO state law doesnt allow it. He makes alot of $ on beer and liquor sales to chance it on losing it or getting them suspended. Trust me in know so well as i run a business and my business is doing ok but my family business is struggling to stay open. For me kills me that all the trade shows has been canceled going on a year now and thats were i meet new clients and customers.
    Earl wasn't grandfathered in. When the feds came and took the 50/50 money, he had the choice of not selling alcohol or not selling 50/50 tickets. It was an easy decision! At the time he was using his half of the 50/50 to fund the yearly points for competitors. That's why 50/50 was put on hiatus until it was learned that if the other half was distributed to a charitable organization or similar, then it was allowed where alcohol was sold. That was learned when Tony had taken ownership of the track.

@GEAR_HEAD, why are you ignoring my question? (which events has Eldora sold tickets to with no intention of running?)

All of last year's events! In case you haven't heard, they were all canceled. Try to keep up.

He seems to be ignoring a few questions.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Question

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    All of last year's events! In case you haven't heard, they were all canceled. Try to keep up.
    Wish you had told me (and everyone else) Tony had no intention of running those events when I reordered my tickets long before the “shutdown”.

And why did he sell tickets to events that he didn't plan on allowing people in to see?
    I will ask again, when did Eldora sell tickets to events they didn't plan on allowing people to see? You haven't answered that.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Extremely wide margin? Hmmm. It's safe to say there are some folks out in Marion County Iowa who, beyond a doubt, have a bit more credibility that might present a case that legitimately refutes that little pearl of wisdom.
    Knoxville’s notoriety isn’t on Eldora’s level. I’d even argue it isn’t on Charlotte’s level, either.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

the 100 best laps in lm racing are found every saturday in september at Knoxville, many drivers have admitted this fact and it is the hardest race to win. eldora has a longer lm historyfor sure, knoxville is thee race of the year for lm's. Steve Francis said this fact years ago. Come to knoxville this september and witness it for yourself.
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Quote Originally Posted by ftfiowa View Post
    the 100 best laps in lm racing are found every saturday in september at Knoxville, many drivers have admitted this fact and it is the hardest race to win. eldora has a longer lm historyfor sure, knoxville is thee race of the year for lm's. Steve Francis said this fact years ago. Come to knoxville this september and witness it for yourself.
    As good as the Knoxville nationals are for late models, it’s not the World 100 or Dream. Knoxville is anywhere 3rd-5th on crown jewel rating. The Sprint Knoxville nationals is a different story.

Eldora. No fans = me no watch

So because Steve Francis said that it has to be true? 🙄
    2021 race count
    6 events

Francis. Best ever. Oh.. well. Except Larson.

Quote Originally Posted by ftfiowa View Post
    You may be correct on the racing being better (I haven't attended the World since early 2000's, last late model race I went to at Knoxville was probably 1988), however the World is the most prestigious to win across most of the late model world. Knoxville big race didn't exist when I was growing up, and living in the south I can tell you Eldora is a way bigger goal than Knoxville is at this point in time...Times do change and who knows what the future holds for either, hopefully events that continue to be bigger than the myths about them.

Guys - The reason Eldora is different than every other dirt track in Ohio has to do with the amount of fixed seating. With the seating they have, it falls into the category of large venue and those attendance numbers are controlled by the state right now. They fall into the same category that sports teams do due to the seating. Has nothing to do with high profile or Tony taking a chance or losing liquor licenses.

TD...I already answered your question. It's not against the law for people to assemble. That is a fact. The Constitution protects our right to assemble for any reason. Again, that's a fact. The argument was made previously by another member that Tony didn't allow fans because it's his property and he didn't want people on it. Hence my question about why would he sell tickets if he didn't want people on his property anymore. For the entire existence of Eldora speedway there has been thousands of bacteria and viruses spreading throughout the world. That is still the case, absolutely nothing has changed. So why banish people from his property now, even though there isn't a LAW stating that dirt track racing events are illegal?

to each their own but I went to Knoxville late model show once. Go to Eldora at least once a year usually twice for last 8 years. To me the car count, amount of races, inverts, watching from the infield, and just electricity at Eldora is hard to beat. 4 hours to knoxville and 6 to eldora for reference.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

I guess I missed the explanation of exactly why Tony has to open up. Is there a LAW that says he owes any one of us a place to attend races? As far as the tickets go, everyone I know has either gotten a refund or is waiting to see what happens. Silly Romans thought they could push Caesar around, still waiting for the next Chariot race at the Coliseum! Maybe let the man operate his business as he sees fit....

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    I guess I missed the explanation of exactly why Tony has to open up. Is there a LAW that says he owes any one of us a place to attend races? As far as the tickets go, everyone I know has either gotten a refund or is waiting to see what happens. Silly Romans thought they could push Caesar around, still waiting for the next Chariot race at the Coliseum! Maybe let the man operate his business as he sees fit....
    Good point. You are absolutely right on 👍 and also why me as a fan can say I’m not supporting that track anymore.

Bottom line. Just open Eldora with fans. Quit playing the covid scared government bend over nonsense.

TD...I already answered your question. It's not against the law for people to assemble. That is a fact. The Constitution protects our right to assemble for any reason. Again, that's a fact. The argument was made previously by another member that Tony didn't allow fans because it's his property and he didn't want people on it. Hence my question about why would he sell tickets if he didn't want people on his property anymore. For the entire existence of Eldora speedway there has been thousands of bacteria and viruses spreading throughout the world. That is still the case, absolutely nothing has changed. So why banish people from his property now, even though there isn't a LAW stating that dirt track racing events are illegal?
    Nope, you did not answer the question. WHEN did Eldora sell tickets knowing they would not race? Answer- NEVER! Why are you so ignorant about that?