Default Lucas oil points

Looks like theres some different faces in the top 10 point. Tmac,owens,jd,richards are back aways. Richards will prolly move up some after Wednesday win.

Stop, just stop. Its been 3 races. THREE. i get that people are passionate but it's been 3 points races. There is no reason to talk about points until like August.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdsboro View Post
    Stop, just stop. Its been 3 races. THREE. i get that people are passionate but it's been 3 points races. There is no reason to talk about points until like August.
    Jimmy had the points wrapped up way before August last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdsboro View Post
    I wasnt saying the points championship was over geez. I was just stating there weren't the regulars up front. I will say this though if you come out of speedweeks in the hole deep then its not fun.

Should we just give it to Overton now?
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    Should we just give it to Overton now?
    Gotta say the guy has a legit post, I like seeing other names up there too and realize it’s a long season but love the speculation. Lay off the guy. No reason why this thread shouldn’t continue as a season long discussion on Lucas points

Well, Overton is leading the points currently...
    2021 race count
    6 events

Other than Overton making that one mistake getting into Sheppard in the make-up feature, he's keeping his car clean and consistent. If he runs for points, I think he would be a tough contender.

With speedweeks only 1/2 over a lot can change.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by PushinTheLimit View Post
    Other than Overton making that one mistake getting into Sheppard in the make-up feature, he's keeping his car clean and consistent. If he runs for points, I think he would be a tough contender.
    I agree if overton can stay out of trouble and keep running strong he will be in top 3 points battle this yr. Its funny how owens, richards,t-mac,&jd are close to each other in points

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    With speedweeks only 1/2 over a lot can change.
    ^^^ yup ^^^

Personally I don't really care about points. However the teams do, so it is good to see some new faces at the top. Maybe temporary, but its good to see a mixed bag for a while.

I’ve been saying it since I moved to South Georgia 7 years ago — when my “local” tracks suddenly became places like Swainsboro, Modoc, Screven, etc., ... look out for this Overton kid in the Budweiser 76 car. He was already branching out nationally, but he wasn’t getting national attention. He just needed the right car/owner situation. He’s not going to follow any series points, but it’s cool to see people thinking he is.

With the 5 out of 9 deal they have for Speedweeks they shouldn't even be announcing points yet. It will change drastically every night the rest of the time. They definitely shouldn't be doing the Orange spoiler until after Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by PushinTheLimit View Post
    Yep, and it stinks to watch. Loved his style last year! Wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    With the 5 out of 9 deal they have for Speedweeks they shouldn't even be announcing points yet. It will change drastically every night the rest of the time. They definitely shouldn't be doing the Orange spoiler until after Florida.
    Exactly. The points deal could do a total flip flop by this time next week.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    Overton would still be the points leader I believe. With or without the 5 out 9
    2021 race count
    6 events