Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    I am not convinced they were at the racetrack.. seemed they called the race watching the monitor.

Sure sounds like they are announcing what they see on a monitor to me.

Picture of crew at East Bay. Not sure about Bubba. Argabright is definitely there.

Lots of you guys sure like to complain a lot. All I want from an announcer is to tell me who is in what car (most of whom I already know) and where they're from. When I'm watching the race, either in person or on TV, I don't need anyone to tell me about what I can see for myself.

You folks don稚 enjoy Dixie Choppers Feel the Thunder? 😜😂

Last night at Ocala he didn't realize the race was over, just kept talking about the race....

I can't believe this thread hasn't been deleted yet.If you talk about 1T or rubby then it gets gone in a hurry.To top it off Dillner owns a part of 4m.

The feel the thunder doesn't bother me at all....I'm sure DC pays for that mention and after dilner says it you hear nothing but horses running for a little bit and no announcing.

What racer or fan doesn't think that part is cool?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Thumbs up to Lucas/MAV for making the shows possible. The feed quality is incredible. I think they are watching the race on the monitor from the track in order to call the action the viewers are seeing, this is common in race broadcasting. Bob definitely is enthusiastic. I don't think he's awful, but some quiet time from the announcers would be welcome. Especially on the streaming events that you may be watching from start to end. 5 hours of hearing the same 2 people talk does get a little old. Its different when you're at the track because the cars drown out the announcers most of the time. There's nothing wrong with just hearing the cars or the crowd for a few moments periodically. Maybe even have a pit walk thrown in during down time just walking around with the camera and seeing the cars and the crews working up close with no commentary.

I thought Bob was better last night. Like I said before he seems like a good guy, when you are on tv you're going to get criticized some I guess it just goes with the nature of the job.

At least he isn't saying "Boogity Boogity Boogity Lets go racing boys"

Is Lon still announcing? One of the few ever entertained me, more than they annoyed me. The WoO dude that self-applies the tourniquet in the sensitive area, takes a really deep breath, and rattles off 30 seconds worth of drivel while tightening the tourniquet and the voice getting higher and higher until you are sure he's gonna explode? Mute.

Lightbulb

People can find anything to complain about today. Why not be grateful, not that long ago you couldn't watch a single race from wherever you were at the time. Now, you get an entire season of the premier series for the cost of about 5 grandstand passes. I agree, at times the content and discussions can be repetitive and dull, but I think this is by design rather than lack of knowledge, suggested by many users. The announcing is not geared towards those of us that have been involved in the dirt racing world our entire lives, its designed to peak interest in the series and dirt racing in general. More than 30 events will be broadcast live this year on the MavTV cable network. The Show Me 100 Live on CBS networks as well as tape delayed broadcasts. NBCSN also shows tape delayed broadcasts. If more of the country grows to like our sport, one of those major networks will pick the series up and we will all be able to watch live with our regular cable subscriptions. But I'm sure you all would still have something to complain about then. Shut up and watch the race, if you make a subscription choice based on announcers rather than quality of video and racing quality, you are in fact the problem. Go get your Fast Pass and watch the Rocket1 Racing series for 3 times the money.

Dilner is still pretty new to DLM racing. He値l improve with experience.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

"...But I'm sure you all would still have something to complain about then. Shut up and watch the race, if you make a subscription choice based on announcers rather than quality of video and racing quality, you are in fact the problem. Go get your Fast Pass and watch the Rocket1 Racing series for 3 times the money."

OR... OR go to a website that has the self titled slogan "the most opinionated message board on the internet " and give your opinion to other people giving their opinions.

Crazy idea, I know. Some may even call it revolutionary.

He痴 getting worse as he goes. He痴 running out material.

Boogity boogity boogity let痴 go Dixie choppin boys

I like the live races and being able to watch several nights in a row, sure things get repeated about certain drivers but the team does pretty good. I flipped over to watch mods at Volusia after Ocala last night and trust me Reuben will make you appreciate Dillner more.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

( I flipped over to watch mods at Volusia after Ocala last night and trust me Reuben will make you appreciate Dillner more.)

ABSOLUTELY the truth.
    When I watched them last year I had to MUTE him.

Quote Originally Posted by #The Truth View Post
    People can find anything to complain about today. Why not be grateful, not that long ago you couldn't watch a single race from wherever you were at the time. Now, you get an entire season of the premier series for the cost of about 5 grandstand passes. I agree, at times the content and discussions can be repetitive and dull, but I think this is by design rather than lack of knowledge, suggested by many users. The announcing is not geared towards those of us that have been involved in the dirt racing world our entire lives, its designed to peak interest in the series and dirt racing in general. More than 30 events will be broadcast live this year on the MavTV cable network. The Show Me 100 Live on CBS networks as well as tape delayed broadcasts. NBCSN also shows tape delayed broadcasts. If more of the country grows to like our sport, one of those major networks will pick the series up and we will all be able to watch live with our regular cable subscriptions. But I'm sure you all would still have something to complain about then. Shut up and watch the race, if you make a subscription choice based on announcers rather than quality of video and racing quality, you are in fact the problem. Go get your Fast Pass and watch the Rocket1 Racing series for 3 times the money.
    You are proving your own point by complaining about complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    You are proving your own point by complaining about complaining.
    I don't know, for a first post, he hit on some good facts. Lil windy😁I really don't get the multiple page's bashing the guy. If you don't like him just turn down the volume and enjoy the racing. He'll, play announcer yourself in front of your big screen if you think you've got what it takes.
    8/13/16