Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    I am not convinced they were at the racetrack.. seemed they called the race watching the monitor.
    Yeah, maybe there were on the fugin moon??? 😁

I like Dillner, its clear he has a passion for the sport but as others say there is just a little too much talking to talk. Also, he could stand to be a little more educated on the dirt late model world.

Bob is a super nice guy. He approached me and my wife in the pits this past week to greet our dog and basically just ask how we were enjoying ourselves. However, he's just put in the booth to amp up the drama. He's annoying yes, but it could be worse. Like a poster above said, we could be stuck with Wesley Outland.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Bob is a super nice guy. He approached me and my wife in the pits this past week to greet our dog and basically just ask how we were enjoying ourselves. However, he's just put in the booth to amp up the drama. He's annoying yes, but it could be worse. Like a poster above said, we could be stuck with Wesley Outland.
    👍. Pretty much what I believe

Agree! He came and talked to a group of us in the pits Saturday. He gave us a lot of info about Mavtv plus!Very nice and personable!

Many will not know this, but this year is his first full time gig doing this. His style is so so, but hopefully, he will get better as the year goes on!

And oh yeah.....he's like 6' 6"!

i really wish they couldve picked up ralph sheheen hes my favorite national announcer

I don't mind dilner at all....I like the call from he and James.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

If he'd just drop the 'Feel the Thunder" thing I'd be ok with him. He seems to be learning more and more about the dirt late models. And if I'm not mistaken, he now resides in Indiana and is gonna promote the Winchester Indiana asphalt track.

Everyone's got their style of announcer they like, I'll take Essex and Dillner over someone yelling at me. My rule of thumb has always been show your excitement by the tone of your voice, not the volume.

The only unforgivable sins in my announcer playbook are: not knowing who you're talking about, screaming at me, over-hyping the concession stands, and as an announcer talking more during an interview than the person you interview.

Avoid those four and I'll probably like your style.
    Tyler Williams, Announcer for the Southeast Dirt Modified Series, co-host of The Half Priced Concessions Podcast - available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, TuneIn, YouTube and on www.anchor.fm/HPCpodcast

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    i really wish they couldve picked up ralph sheheen hes my favorite national announcer
    If he wants the job, he must first write the following on a chalkboard one thousand times:

Mike MarLER Mike MarLER Mike MarLER

I personally prefer James and Ben in the booth, and DJ in the pits!

Quote Originally Posted by dirt33 View Post
    If he wants the job, he must first write the following on a chalkboard one thousand times:

Mike MarLER Mike MarLER Mike MarLER
    Why he have to spell it wrong?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Wesley Outland and Dewayne Keith... as a former announcer myself, (and maybe again soon) these guys are just too much. Like way beyond too much.

I didn't mind Bob Dillner, he can say a few things that are kind of annoying, but overall I enjoyed the broadcasts. James Essex is great. The only thing that kind of irks me about him is how he said "Bob" at like the end of every sentence. But again, wasn't too bad.

Speaking of great announcers, does anyone know how the GOAT, Ozzie Altman, is doing these days? I know he had a serious stroke a few years back.

I find Mike Norris underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by RayCook53fan View Post
    Wesley Outland and Dewayne Keith... as a former announcer myself, (and maybe again soon) these guys are just too much. Like way beyond too much.I didn't mind Bob Dillner, he can say a few things that are kind of annoying, but overall I enjoyed the broadcasts. James Essex is great. The only thing that kind of irks me about him is how he said "Bob" at like the end of every sentence. But again, wasn't too bad.
    Can you feel the thunder ? 😜

Lucas and the paying sponsors want can't you feel the thunder

A couple of thoughts again on this.

When James said Bob a lot, that is an announcer opening the door for his fellow announcer to speak.

If Mr. Dilner was that bad as the author of this negative post opined, I do not think he would be in that enviable position he is in.

If Mr. Eschelmen and Mr. Essex were that bad, those 2 guys would not have the two most coveted Dirt Late Model gigs in the sport.

All announcer have off nights, good nights, and nights where they are on it and on fire.

Granted we all have views on the guys behind the microphone calling the races, whether they be screamers, yellers, squealers, talkers and so on.

Let us have a great 2021 at the races!

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcers

LOL.. these clowns are clueless.

"caution is out"

The race was over.

It is the man's job. You've got to do better. Lucas can do better than this.