Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNunn View Post
    I remember when I was the worst announcer in the business according to 4m.

lets be real, I still am lol

If you cant make fun of yourself, then who can!

Announcing is not for everyone, just gotta love to run your mouth for a few bucks, and hopefully entertain some people while youre at it.
    That third line is key to being pretty centered......a lot of people can't do that, you saw a bunch of them over the summer on the news.

Don't kid yourself Chris, you do just fine.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Rueben ? He is the Outlaws announcer? I like him. He is very professional and throws out some fun stuff too.
    If you are lucky enough to ever get to a track when he is thereyou might be able to give him a big kiss.....

They’re both Cringy, always have been. Especially when James’ head explodes and all he can say is “aaaaaahhhhhh”

It’s also cringy when they scream “they’re side by side going into turn 1” on lap 1. We’ll of course they’re side by side. It’s the start of the race.

Those 2 along with everyone else doing commentary in dirt racing try waaaaaaaay too hard and always find some way to cheese it up.

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    If you are lucky enough to ever get to a track when he is thereyou might be able to give him a big kiss.....
    I only bat right handed

And you don’t attend races!

Sometimes he is a robot.. EVERY TIME someone jumps he says "no harm no foul"

To be technical his statement is not true.

I mostly stay within 1.5 hours of Charlotte to attend dirt races. I wanted to get to speed weeks this year but family needs prevented that. Hopefully next year. I have been to other tracks. Fergus Falls for Outlaws race for example. That was cool. Was near by for work. Got lucky.
    Last edited by Rajflyboy; 02-06-2021 at 08:53 AM.

I’d like to see these guys do a real race. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8PVA7Cx9i6Q

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    After you've had your lips on him?? Disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Them bloomer fans are rough 😜

Zoe C reminds me of bobby hahahahahaha... Good commentating btw!!

Any of you folks griping about these announcers, I'll make you an offer, come to Talladega any regular night, I will fix you up with free all access tickets, you come up to the booth, I will hand you the mic and let you call some races, we all will see how you can do, you folks are so poignant in your analysis and knowledge. Deal? Come on over.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

As the sound of crickets fill the air.........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    As the sound of crickets fill the air.........
    ... because Late Model Mark is a tool...

Quote Originally Posted by Late_Model_Mark View Post
    Any of you folks griping about these announcers, I'll make you an offer, come to Talladega any regular night, I will fix you up with free all access tickets, you come up to the booth, I will hand you the mic and let you call some races, we all will see how you can do, you folks are so poignant in your analysis and knowledge. Deal? Come on over.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer
    Very few people would be very good at anything the first few times they try it. That would be like you getting in a Super Late Model and expecting to sit on the pole the first time behind the wheel. These announcers have been at this announcing gig for a while. Pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Late_Model_Mark View Post
    Any of you folks griping about these announcers, I'll make you an offer, come to Talladega any regular night, I will fix you up with free all access tickets, you come up to the booth, I will hand you the mic and let you call some races, we all will see how you can do, you folks are so poignant in your analysis and knowledge. Deal? Come on over.Late Model MarkTST Announcer
    And there it is, the classic 4m "let's see you do better" fallacy. People say this to ignore valid criticism without acknowleding the criticism is valid. The people with experience should listen to the critiques and decide whether there are things worth changing; the average person after all are the ones paying to see the product being sold. Otherwise, saying "let's see you do better" sounds more like an excuse.

It’s harder than it looks. I totally beI eve that.

People are so soft these days.

The sad thing is: all of 2020 so many were complaining about tracks being closed. Republicans vs Democrats. Constitutional rights so forth and so on.
    Now we are racing in Florida-no restrictions and many of us are down here spending tons of money to see it while most of you are sitting at home watching for free and complaining about the announcers!
    Is there anything in life that would satisfy you and make you happy??

Good point fox