Default Best sprint car drivers 2021

Who are they? Yes we already know Kid Larson is. Who else?

Most any of the California boys that are hitting the circuits all around the country. No offence to the P.A. Posse.

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    Most any of the California boys that are hitting the circuits all around the country. No offence to the P.A. Posse.
    Over, what are you hearing out there in regards to crowds at the racing venue's? We're really wanting to come out west for Turkey Night next Thanksgiving. Wanting to book some flights and lock in some rooms. Is your governor giving any indication on a timeline for crowd gatherings?

We had plans made to head west last Thanksgiving but we all know what happened with that deal.

I did notice a lot of Cali folks at Millbridge a few months back.

CIRF, Wish I had a crystal ball 'cause it's still pretty much a guessing game what'll happen this year. Our Guv changes things every other day; restaurants open and close, same with barbers, beauticians, schools, etc., etc. He's in over his head as most of them are and also worried about the movement to recall him that is gaining steam. I'll say that I'm not a fan of his but I do think he's doing the best he can all things considered.
    Track schedules, the few that are up, are very tentative and all depending on what the vax percentages and infection percentages are in the coming months. I'd like to be optimistic about our schedule having 25 plus shows this season but realistically I'll be ok if we only get a dozen or so like last year. Only a couple of those had spectators after this Corona thing hit.
    Most of our racer friends, like us, are getting our stuff prepared in case we get lucky but are not doing too much about a lot of new equipment that might just sit in the shop all year, though I am building 1 new engine and puttering along on the new car. Probably a big part of the reason why so many of the CA well funded open wheel teams are well represented all over the country currently. We had 5-6 feet of snow over the Sierras in the last few days and couldn't leave if we wanted to.
    I'd hold off on the reservations for a bit and hope it gets better. Heck, the planes may not even come here by fall. At least you got a week in at the Chili Bowl. I'm so jealous.
    Last edited by over4T; 01-31-2021 at 03:21 PM. Reason: additional stuff

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    CIRF, Wish I had a crystal ball 'cause it's still pretty much a guessing game what'll happen this year. Our Guv changes things every other day; restaurants open and close, same with barbers, beauticians, schools, etc., etc. He's in over his head as most of them are and also worried about the movement to recall him that is gaining steam. I'll say that I'm not a fan of his but I do think he's doing the best he can all things considered.
    Track schedules, the few that are up, are very tentative and all depending on what the vax percentages and infection percentages are in the coming months. I'd like to be optimistic about our schedule having 25 plus shows this season but realistically I'll be ok if we only get a dozen or so like last year. Only a couple of those had spectators after this Corona thing hit.
    Most of our racer friends, like us, are getting our stuff prepared in case we get lucky but are not doing too much about a lot of new equipment that might just sit in the shop all year, though I am building 1 new engine and puttering along on the new car. Probably a big part of the reason why so many of the CA well funded open wheel teams are well represented all over the country currently. We had 5-6 feet of snow over the Sierras in the last few days and couldn't leave if we wanted to.
    I'd hold off on the reservations for a bit and hope it gets better. Heck, the planes may not even come here by fall. At least you got a week in at the Chili Bowl. I'm so jealous.
    Thanks for the oversight and the honest advice. I'm thinking we'll take your advice and wait until at least after Memorial Day to lock in any reservations, if we do at all. Your advice solidifies what we were already thinking. We appreciate your candor.

Our week at The Chili Bowl was a boost to our overall mental health! LOL. Even though we couldn't do all the things in Tulsa that we take for granted during CB week it was still a very welcome diversion from the doldrums of the past 9 or 10 months.

Evel, we wish you all the luck and success possible when you get back to racing.

I’m surprised that Cali folks would pull a trailer this far for Millbridge. Or do some of these folks live near Charlotte now? I think Kevin Swindell lives here now. Best I can tell.

Thanks CIRF, we have already tested our new car (new to us anyway) a couple of times this year- drove really well so no one to blame but the driver. Look me up if you ever come down to the Charlotte region, I will do the same if we ever get up that way. I do miss racing on good old black dirt so you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    Thanks CIRF, we have already tested our new car (new to us anyway) a couple of times this year- drove really well so no one to blame but the driver. Look me up if you ever come down to the Charlotte region, I will do the same if we ever get up that way. I do miss racing on good old black dirt so you never know.
    What type car do you run?

Hate to post it on this board as they will want to tar and feather me- running a Crate Late Model this year (ran crates a little last year as well as a limited with the Blue Ridge Outlaws a few times). Will probably run a few Blue Ridge races this year as well.

Hate to post it on this board as they will want to tar and feather me- running a Crate Late Model this year (ran crates a little last year as well as a limited with the Blue Ridge Outlaws a few times). Will probably run a few Blue Ridge races this year as well.
    Thanks. Blue Ridge runs a great series. I went to several races last year and will again this year. They do a good job at letting everyone race what they have. I think they have a big schedule for 2021 as well. Somewhere north of 35 races.

Blue Ridge is a good local series, have done well at keeping the really big money teams out (which is the key to their success). I am a 'backup' driver for a team that has run quite a bit with the Blue Ridge, great group of guys that are like family (the team as well as the series). I think I only ran two Blue Ridge races last year, ran another half a dozen crate races. Lousy year that ended with me on my head! And probably starting this year at Bristol (crate), will either turn things around or teach me a real lesson!! But to stay on topic, looking for a Sprint Car gig- have been upside down four times in my career currently so am gaining qualifications as I go!

Bristol should be fun👍 Carolina Sprint tour ride would be nice. How much would it cost to build a 305 to run in that series?

I actually have an old co-worker who has one ready to go....We go to lunch fairly often, may just try to talk him into running a race or two. Haven't ran a sprint car since early 90's so look out if it happens. I do believe you could put something together for under 15 grand that would be safe and fun.

I actually have an old co-worker who has one ready to go....We go to lunch fairly often, may just try to talk him into running a race or two. Haven't ran a sprint car since early 90's so look out if it happens. I do believe you could put something together for under 15 grand that would be safe and fun.
    Evel, I'm coming to believe I'm an idiot (my wife expresses that belief almost daily), but I thought you were on the left coast. I don't know where I got my wires crossed but I feel stupider than usual, if that's possible! LOL!

I believe I got you mixed up with over4t since both you guys own race cars. Sorry to both you guys.

I have a sister and BIL in the Charlotte area and the chances are pretty good that we'll be coming that way to spend some time with them when this friggin' virus is under control.
    Last edited by CIRF; 02-02-2021 at 11:38 AM.

I look forward to going back to your neck of the woods as soon as we feel safe doing so. As I said, I have immediate family in the Charlotte area.

I'd enjoy hooking up with you at a track, either down there or up in this part of the country. And, please do let me know if you're ever racing, or whatever, in the Illinois/Indiana/Iowa/Missouri area. We'd love to have a beer or 6 with you while talking racing. I love talking to people who are involved and know infinitely more than I. It'll be a bit of a one sided conversation given that I've been away from any involvement, other than my role as a bleacher jockey, in dirt late model racing since I got married, which was in the mid 1990's. EVERYTHING has changed since that prehistoric period.

I'll definitely be in touch when we are heading your direction.

I'll buy the drinks! Hell, I live only a few miles from the premier kart track on this side of the country (GoPro Motorplex), I am fairly certain I can score some free races if you want to give both left and right turns a try (I struggle at it)...Let me know when you are in the area, and you never know who you might run into at the kart track (Gravel, Bell, Larson, etc.)...

Go Pro karts go like 55 mph top speed. Not too shabby.

I'll buy the drinks! Hell, I live only a few miles from the premier kart track on this side of the country (GoPro Motorplex), I am fairly certain I can score some free races if you want to give both left and right turns a try (I struggle at it)...Let me know when you are in the area, and you never know who you might run into at the kart track (Gravel, Bell, Larson, etc.)...
    I certainly appreciate the invite. When we head that way we'll be in touch, for sure.

Since all I've ever done in racing is drive as fast as I can in a straight line for 1/4 mile it's a very safe bet I will suck more than anyone turning left and right but I gotta' believe we'd have a freakin' blast doing it. I'd be good for a chuckle or two, at least!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I certainly appreciate the invite. When we head that way we'll be in touch, for sure.Since all I've ever done in racing is drive as fast as I can in a straight line for 1/4 mile it's a very safe bet I will suck more than anyone turning left and right but I gotta' believe we'd have a freakin' blast doing it. I'd be good for a chuckle or two, at least!
    You must be on that Street Outlaws show. I like it especially the 405 shows.