Thread: heckenast

Default heckenast

Is Frankie eligible to run for Lucas rookie of the year?
    2023 race count: Winston Speedway (MI)-3, Spoon River Speedway (IL)-1, Lincoln Speedway (IL)-1, Farmer City Raceway (IL)-1, Fairbury American Legion Speedway (IL)-1, Thunderbird Raceway (MI)-7, Kokomo Speedway (IN)-1, Butler Motor Speedway (MI)-1, Mt.Pleasant Speedway (MI)-1, I-96 Speedway (MI)-1, Merritt Speedway (MI)-3

He would get smoked if he did

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    He would get smoked if he did
    By who? RTJ and Strickler haven’t run as well as Frankie in FL. Yes i know it’s only two tracks so far but they should be way behind the 99 in points

So he should tackle the tour after “4” good points nights and they race another 50 times or whatever it is? I’ve watched frankie race for 15 years he would not win the rookie of the year in Lucas.

I would still pick Thornton to win it. I would think it would he close between Frankie and Strickler after that. Kyle would win more races but also fall out of more.

According to the LOLMDS rules, eligibility is somewhat vague:

2.3 Eligibility
    A.) Eligibility will be determined by the number of years, or partial years of Super Late Model driving
    experience. Five (5) years of super late model driving experience will serve as a guideline. Eligible drivers
    may compete for Rookie of the Year honors, provided that they have not declared in any previous Lucas
    Oil Late Model Dirt Series Rookie of the Year Championships. Number of wins and size of purses won will
    also be taken into consideration.

He won the WoO Rookie deal in 2014, and has been pretty competitive everywhere I've seen him race. Money has never been an issue for his family (rightfully so, as they have worked very hard for what they have), so I think it would be great to see someone from our area chase a series like that. The flip side is that when things are going full steam (as in prior to last year), there are plenty of good paying shows right in our own little neck of the woods, so why run around the country chasing something you can get right here at home?

I wish him luck wherever he races. It's good to see him have success at any level.

Tony Jackson Jr will win rookie of the year if he sticks with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    Tony Jackson Jr will win rookie of the year if he sticks with it.
    TJJ is running for WoO rookie of the year, not Lucas