Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default McCreadie speaking the truth of DoD

Tmac with the realist interview in the last 10 years in Dirt Late Model racing...

Rigsby: “None of these features have been super clean... why is that?”

Timmy : “cause Nobody has got any respect for anyone out there. They all go in there and all you hear all night long on the announcements or in the Pit Area is “Oh, it’s East Bay... It’s East Bay... I’ll tell you what man, back when I was a kid, and you did stuff like that, you lost your front teeth at the end of the night! Maybe we need more of that. A guy told me that... Steve Shaver told me that there’s no Throat punches happening in the pit area and that’s why guys are driving like they drive and you just go in there and if they see the guy in front of them, they think the best way to do this is to just go in there and brutalize them. And they’re never going to get near me because it’s 2021, you can’t fight anyone anymore. You know... maybe if we had a little bit more of that, maybe people wouldn’t respect each other out there a little more. Fear equals respect... contrary to what anyone (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)in believes!”

Preach!

Agree 100%

So true, on another post someone referenced Rick Eckert saying 'they pass on entry now where we use to pass on exit'. Races use to be won by the guy who could get his foot down first; however these cars are so good that there is very little off throttle time, everyone seems to have the unlimited horsepower and a great racecar so look out; the days of drivers being able to use finesse to outshine their competitor are gone (at most tracks, not all). Point, shoot and hope the guy checks up if you didn't quite make it is the new norm it appears. Makes it exciting for the TV though!

He's right, the liberal pansies have even managed to invade dirt racing. Now if you get into a fight they make you take anger management classes. Dirt racing is turning into NASCAR and the series officials are to blame. Stop getting involved in these scrums and let the situations play themselves out. Everybody will be better off from it.

100% correct. No body has to be responsible for their actions anymore with their peers, so nobody gives a $hit. The big series have turned into PC Nascrap.

McCreadie speaks the truth.

The bottom line is this, drivers can't really be blamed for doing things they know they won't be held physically accountable for. Tim is obviously correct in saying that when the threat of physical harm is real much of the disrespect will abruptly and distinctly decrease. The sanctioning bodies are at a huge disadvantage for keeping the cowboy tactics in check. Judgement calls, as often as not, only serve to keep the turmoil going.

On the same token, fan interest markedly increases when the tactics get questionable.

I agree with Tim, it's a product of today's society, NO respect anymore.

Tim. Yeah but at the end of the day you got beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    I don't think that was the point of the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaws83 View Post
    I don't think that was the point of the conversation.
    Jabber, it's a futile waste of time to attempt to make any sense of it. I've tried.

CIRF,

Tim is a huge Hockey fan, NY Islanders I believe, and in hockey they have the “code” ----- still. I’ll play you the way you play me, and beware of the consequences. DLM use to be like that, but not any more. I miss guys like Bud Purkey that always knew, you knew, the code too. And the consequences of your on-track actions, when you got back to the pits.

Lurker

Yep!! What TMac said...

Tim nailed it. I agree. Let the drivers figure it out. Series officials should stay out of it.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Just what has that got to do with anything?

Originally posted by Lurker:

CIRF,

Tim is a huge Hockey fan, NY Islanders I believe, and in hockey they have the “code” ----- still. I’ll play you the way you play me, and beware of the consequences. DLM use to be like that, but not any more. I miss guys like Bud Purkey that always knew, you knew, the code too. And the consequences of your on-track actions, when you got back to the pits.

Lurker
    Wasn't aware that McCreadie was a big hockey fan but it stands to reason.

There used to be a code in most sports. Baseball had the unwritten rule that if you attempted to show up a pitcher during a home run trot you could bank on getting put on your ass the next time you dug in against that pitcher. Childish bat flips done by grown men are now accepted and considered normal. It goes on and on. The difference is that nonsense such as bat flips don't cost thousands in equipment repairs.

I don't see the tide turning despite stand up guys like McCreadie speaking their minds. The days of Bill Frye, Jack Hewitt, Tom Rients, Sheldon Kinser, Bob & Steve Kinser are over. Probably forever. The law will get involved if justice is dealt out in the fashion employed by those drivers. It ain't good for the rep of the sport to have the law involved on a regular basis. Bad for business.

I agree with Tim, but tracks and series have not helped the situation. What happened to sending a car to the rear if another driver spins them? What happened to the black flag? If the tracks and series will dump the stupid "if your wheels stop you go to the tail rule" and start enforcing clean driving, things will change.

I lived in Parkersburg, WV in 1992. My son was born there. I hung out sometimes in the North End Tavern back then. Two guys I hanged with — Balzano and Shaver. I spanked their ass in pool. They spanked mine anything dirt related. Awesome dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by davis2902 View Post
    I agree with Tim, but tracks and series have not helped the situation. What happened to sending a car to the rear if another driver spins them? What happened to the black flag? If the tracks and series will dump the stupid "if your wheels stop you go to the tail rule" and start enforcing clean driving, things will change.
    There's also the contradictory "if the drivers side door is facing traffic a caution comes out but not if there's a multi car pileup and the same car keeps moving"

It’s pretty sad really. Nobody should ever go around looking for a fight, but sometimes they’re necessary. Why we’ve gotten to the point where tuning a guy up is seen as a cardinal sin is a joke. You think anybody would rather be dumped in front of the whole field or turned into the wall instead of settling it like men? That’s how you have to settle things now. Soft a$$ society formulated to suit soft a$$ people and it’s sickening.

Terry, Good Ol Northend Burger.