Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well, it's all moot anyway, since there's only going to be enough to vaccinate 300 people.
    https://youtu.be/Ulpd2eJK_i4
    As for myself, I was thinking of getting it, but if I have to take 2 million shots in the arm, I'm having second thoughts. Say, wonder if there's a vaccine that prevents dementia?
    Last edited by Stefan2k20; 02-01-2021 at 10:37 PM.

some foolish gullible semi conscious partially aware of thee self beings of nature... you a dam fool if you trust the governors that govern "your government" gullible fool if you even trust there's a chance this crap could even be real! . But aye for the ''best'' of man kind....... fu*c* blinding ignorance ....... no illumination of a thousand points for any you....

My wife works in healthcare and got her second shot last thursday. The next day, Friday, she was nauseous and had a headache. She had to stay home from work but was feeling better later that day.

I'm going to get the shot when I get the chance. I feel like I've been gambling not getting 'rona since I take two trains to work everyday in downtown Chicago.

The trains are starting to fill up again. Next week, they are adding more cars to accommodate more people returning to work

Quote Originally Posted by dmr37 View Post
    My wife works in healthcare and got her second shot last thursday. The next day, Friday, she was nauseous and had a headache. She had to stay home from work but was feeling better later that day.

I'm going to get the shot when I get the chance. I feel like I've been gambling not getting 'rona since I take two trains to work everyday in downtown Chicago.

The trains are starting to fill up again. Next week, they are adding more cars to accommodate more people returning to work
    Glad to hear your wife bounced back quickly. We've heard of a handful of people in our circle of friends that have had some minor side effects. We consulted our doctor and he is convinced that the coronavirus vaccine is no more risky than the regular flu shot. I've never taken the regular flu shot so the rona vax will be my first experience of any kind if we decide to accept it. The wife gets a flu shot every year but she can't miss work if at all possible to avoid it.

We're not in an at-risk age group or a health care worker so we'll probably be way down on the priority list.

Take care up there in chitcago, dmr37! Things get a little cramped on those CTA trains.

Does one have a choice which vaccine one gets? With 3 different kinds, soon to be, with different success rates. One might windup getting the newest lower % one, soon to be on the market which is "to prevent one from kicking the bucket, not prevent one from catching covid" on BBC. Science maker Anthony Fu--ey has changed directions like the wind changes, no mask, mask, double mask, don't double mask, it makes one's head spin.

Why take a shot for a hoax?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
    Does one have a choice which vaccine one gets? With 3 different kinds, soon to be, with different success rates. One might windup getting the newest lower % one, soon to be on the market which is "to prevent one from kicking the bucket, not prevent one from catching covid" on BBC. Science maker Anthony Fu--ey has changed directions like the wind changes, no mask, mask, double mask, don't double mask, it makes one's head spin.
    The only vax we've heard of in our immediate area is the Pfizer. It supposedly has the highest efficacy rate at 95%.

As far as having a choice we've been told by those who have been vaccinated that if you have a preference you may have to wait for the vax you prefer. Supposedly, the distribution points in our area take whichever vax they get from the federal agency's that supplying them.

PBS News Hour brought up the same issue that BBC did, I have been misled in thinking wrong. In these test, a person is given the two doses, waits in time, then their blood is taken to be subjected to a man made covid ? and the results is in % based on what happens on a dish or in a vial which is still unclear to me (what % it kills and is not a human trial). The question is now, is it to prevent one getting the covid or is it to prevent a bad death from covid? For the news are saying now, one still can get the virus and spread it no matter if one has had the shots or not (lowers the level of the virus in the body and not likely able to spread the virus to others as easy). I was under the impression that it prevents one from getting the virus, but that was reported in the past not to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
    PBS News Hour brought up the same issue that BBC did, I have been misled in thinking wrong. In these test, a person is given the two doses, waits in time, then their blood is taken to be subjected to a man made covid ? and the results is in % based on what happens on a dish or in a vial which is still unclear to me (what % it kills and is not a human trial). The question is now, is it to prevent one getting the covid or is it to prevent a bad death from covid? For the news are saying now, one still can get the virus and spread it no matter if one has had the shots or not (lowers the level of the virus in the body and not likely able to spread the virus to others as easy). I was under the impression that it prevents one from getting the virus, but that was reported in the past not to be true.
    According to the Mayo Clinic you are correct, NA. None of the vaccines are capable of preventing you from contracting the virus nor do they prevent you from getting sick, but according to Mayo the symptoms are vastly less acute and the chances of dying and/or having permanent detrimental health effects from the virus are reduced by at least 95%.

So, what you are saying is there is no vaccine to prevent the virus. I guess this will be our way of life from now on?

Quote Originally Posted by STRONGERTHANDIRT View Post
    So, what you are saying is there is no vaccine to prevent the virus. I guess this will be our way of life from now on?
    As near as I can comprehend the information that is out there is that at some point when something like 80% of everyone is vaccinated herd immunity is achieved.

Just say no!