Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It takes about sixty seconds to complete. It’s one lap. You have to consider that most fans in the bleachers might only see one or two special events a year. Let them enjoy it in it’s full glory. For those people, it’s special. Hell, I’ve seen hundreds of them in person, but I still stand up, take out my phone and take pics and/or video. It’s a cool thing that should never go away.

Spot on.........may even pick up some new fans!

I guess the real question for me is - is it time for people to stop debating the 4 wide salute? I mean really? Why in the hell is it such a big deal? If you think it is overused then divert your eyes to your phone and b!tch about something else for 60 seconds it takes to do it. So asinine to even be arguing against it. It makes no sense to have such a negative reaction to something that is so insignificant time-wise. Why else would you complain about something that is by nature a gesture to YOU to thank you for spending your money to watch the race. I swear if people would focus on things that really matter and stop expending so much negativity this whole sport, in fact this whole world would be a much better place.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    I guess the real question for me is - is it time for people to stop debating the 4 wide salute? I mean really? Why in the hell is it such a big deal? If you think it is overused then divert your eyes to your phone and b!tch about something else for 60 seconds it takes to do it. So asinine to even be arguing against it. It makes no sense to have such a negative reaction to something that is so insignificant time-wise. Why else would you complain about something that is by nature a gesture to YOU to thank you for spending your money to watch the race. I swear if people would focus on things that really matter and stop expending so much negativity this whole sport, in fact this whole world would be a much better place.
    You are right. They waste helluva lot more time waiting on regulars to repair cars or change tires. Often don't even line them back up until repairs are made.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1