Default Rocket mid plate

Does anyone make a mid plate for a rocket chassis that is adjustable left and right not just up and down. This would be the newer style mid plate. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shadowj38 View Post
    Does anyone make a mid plate for a rocket chassis that is adjustable left and right not just up and down. This would be the newer style mid plate. Thanks
    Unless something changed or I'm just not remembering right, the mid plates have holes up and down and the chassis has tabs with holes left to right, are you wanting something different or just more left/right then they allow?

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    Unless something changed or I'm just not remembering right, the mid plates have holes up and down and the chassis has tabs with holes left to right, are you wanting something different or just more left/right then they allow?
    My older black front and my blue front had holes in the chassis to move the engine left and right. I have an orange car now and it only has one set of holes in the chassis. I’m trying to move my engine to the right to try and take some left side weight out of the car. (I run a steel block)

Just move the midplate over to where want it and drill new holes in the chassis tabs

There isn’t enough room in my chassis tabs for new holes. I’m just going to machine a new mid plate.

Rocket sells a mid plate that moves the engine over 1 or 2 inches I believe.

I have used the Howe screw on wheel spacers(left side in your case), for years with no problems. They come in different lengths and are very affordable.

Zero do you have a link for what you use?

Dirtracer I called rocket and they told me theirs only adjust up and down.

Dirtracer I called rocket and they told me theirs only adjust up and down.
    It adjusts up and down but it move the engine over. All of the bell housing bolt holes and the dowel pin holes are moved over

According to the guy in the parts room they don’t offer anything to move the engine left or right.

They must have quit making it. Cause I was told by Robbie that they made one. But I do know that Robbie does not work there anymore

Zero do you have a link for what you use?
    Mine came from Howe but Speedway has them!

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Alumi...xoCY5QQAvD_BwE
    Last edited by ZERO25; 02-02-2021 at 09:49 PM.

Modifying the frame mounts should get the engine where you want it. Provided their are no clearance issues. Don’t know Orange car layout at all.Seems the easiest pathway for what your after.😎