Default Sugar Creek Raceway/BRMP

I noticed on the 2021 UCRA schedule they have this track on there. Does anybody have any info on it opening back up this year ?

well this is some more good news for North GA if true. I have not heard about it reopening.
    Last edited by toddg13; 01-31-2021 at 07:31 PM.

I have been told by several people that it is going to open.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by js6859 View Post
    I have been told by several people that it is going to open.
    Depends on who you ask.

All the people I talked to gave me the same name that was going to open it. I guess we will have to wait till he let's us know if the track is going to open or not. We hope that it will open, it is only 10 min. from me.lol

All the people I talked to gave me the same name that was going to open it. I guess we will have to wait till he let's us know if the track is going to open or not. We hope that it will open, it is only 10 min. from me.lol
    I hope he does too! I need to call him tomorrow and get a straight answer straight from the source! Haha last I heard it was still a possibility, but not sure yet... it’s getting to be crunch time!

I hope we are talking about the same person. SW?

I hope we are talking about the same person. SW?
    Yes sir, I believe we are!

That hamburger guy?

Quote Originally Posted by crownman25 View Post
    That hamburger guy?
    Do what? lol

I will glady pay you tuesday for a hamburger today. Wimpy......?

how is ole Steve Morris doing up your way these days ?

Quote Originally Posted by crownman25 View Post
    I will glady pay you tuesday for a hamburger today. Wimpy......?
    Bahahaha now that's funny right there.

I stopped by this track last Summer while visiting family down that way. Saw that this track was in the area so I took a little track hunting trip. I thought the place looked cool. I got in no problem and I even stopped and talked to a guy who was mowing... well tried to talk to this guy but he was a real (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) lol. I was just trying to ask some info on the place and all he kept saying was we ain't racing, the Covid got us. No (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word). lol I was just passing by and was curious of the place. Dude was even wearing a race shirt lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott1fan View Post
    I stopped by this track last Summer while visiting family down that way. Saw that this track was in the area so I took a little track hunting trip. I thought the place looked cool. I got in no problem and I even stopped and talked to a guy who was mowing... well tried to talk to this guy but he was a real (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) lol. I was just trying to ask some info on the place and all he kept saying was we ain't racing, the Covid got us. No (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word). lol I was just passing by and was curious of the place. Dude was even wearing a race shirt lol.
    Its a cool little place! I grew up 3 miles down the road, and most every Friday night I was there as a kid (most of the time we went late and caught the features after I begged dad to take me after supper lol) for most of 2017-2018 I was the track announcer.

Dale Eavenson and crew had done a TON of work and upgrades there in 2016. Dale Owns Wildside Custom Coaches and Haulers nearby. We had a mostly great season in 2017, several big races, good crowds, good food, etc. 2018 was rough. The weather didn't like BRMP for sure. seems like every big race scheduled got rained out. I think after a point the promoters just got burned out and decided not to renew the lease. Hoping someone gets er back up and going in 2020!