Default Multi-Class Dirt Race

Watching 24 Hours of Daytona got me to thinking how cool it would be to see a dirt racing version. Toss a late model, modified and stock class together. Make a 3 or 4 class race with 20 or 24 cars. Make it a 30 or 45 minute race. I think Boone or Marshalltown has done something like this?

Check out Rockford Speedway for their Bahama Brackets.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

A huge hype was made on social media and in some racing publications about 10 years ago regarding a multi-class dirt race to be held at the Indiana State Fairgrounds on the 1 mile dirt track. Can't remember how many different classes were proposed but it did get some traction for a few months. Then it just sorta' faded away. I believe the promoters had a Facebook page set up and the interest was fairly large for a while.

The concept appeals to me but the liability exposure would be exorbitant. Too much chance of drivers getting hurt, especially on a big ol' mile track. It might work on a little bull ring like say Fairbury or Mighty Macon. I'd go see it just for the novelty.

They do it every year at Boone. They call it the Hawkeye Challenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv2z1fdN16c

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    They do it every year at Boone. They call it the Hawkeye Challenge.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv2z1fdN16c
    I've been wanting to check out Boone. Super Nationals hasn't really interested me. Might have to go for this or the WoO event!