Thread: JD

Default JD

Will they stay on the Lucas tour? After listening to his interview with Rigsby, it sounds like the team is going to reevaluate their schedule moving forward. Said that there are a couple races he would like to attend that conflict with the Lucas schedule. Maybe he's gonna run a outlaw schedule. 1/2 WoO 1/2 Lucas with a mix of Southern Nats.
    8/13/16

Could be referring to the Bristol races ??

I'd honestly be surprised if he jumped off the tour, but if he did go true outlaw schedule it'd be something to see him and Overton go for that same kind of season and see how it goes.
    Tyler Williams, Announcer for the Southeast Dirt Modified Series, co-host of The Half Priced Concessions Podcast - available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, TuneIn, YouTube and on www.anchor.fm/HPCpodcast

Them young guns got old JD scramblin again...

He is ok. Super fast last night.

Might be looking at that 50 grand bonus at Vegas that along with the purse would be more that the championship pays

This new group has 3 races paying 50k. Not sure ! Is that Burton Smith or wheeler that's behind this deal ? I think it's good for the sport. What we don't want is 3 different sanctioning bodies out there with big dollar plus bonus races. East bay was a accomplishment just to make the a main every night with the field of cars that were there. About the only place you ever saw that was eldora, now there's big $$$ out there but you may need to be unfaithful to the series you've supported.

That is what I'm talking about you could win a 100 grand in Vegas how many going to jump ship.

dirt crazy, believe it’s the same group that are promoting all three, Bristol, Texas, and Las Vegas. They’re out of Minnesota, Mike Van Genederen is one of the names I saw associated with it. Longtime promoter in the Iowa area, good reputation.
    I hate time trials.

Just put JD back with Rumley and magically JD will be the best driver ever. Good car. Very good car.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Just put JD back with Rumley and magically JD will be the best driver ever. Good car. Very good car.
    Ask Bl🙄merWon thats his fav driver. He pollishs things up for him

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    He's won a few races with those fummy tars also
    2021 race count
    6 events

Now I could be a JD fanboy if he started winning a few races here and there 😜

Quote Originally Posted by TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN View Post
    Ask BlmerWon thats his fav driver. He pollishs things up for him
    Fug u you c sucker...
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    He's won a few races with those fummy tars also
    Them there fummy tars a his is all he's got...

True story.

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerWon View Post
    Fug u you c sucker...
    HAHAHAHAHAHA
    Such sweet & lovely words. We may b kin but im not taking up ur bad habits there blow boy!

Run up and down the road all year chasing LOLMDS points for what... 100k championship? 70k?

Or run Bristol for 50k to win, Texas for 50k to win, then go out to Las Vegas for 100k to win (after attending the first two 50's).

I think the Lucas points pay $75k. He could skip the Lucas events the weekend of the Bristol race (it's possible they could get cancelled due to weather or even Covid) and Knoxville, run the rest of the tour and still have a decent finish in the standings.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Another being 30k @ Boone Ia. May 1st. The Lucas show @ Florence is 1/2 that.

If a guy is really dominate, he could earn a lot of money running a outlaw schedule.
    8/13/16

The main reason these guys stick to a tour is showup money and provisionals. Jumping off tour and taking a chance on these other events isn't a guaranteed payday. I believe most work out how much they will make running a tour with sponsorship investment vs costs. Spending all that time and money to go all the way to TX and NV with the potential to bring home $250 if things don't go your way, not to mention money missed out at a tour event, sometimes the risk vs reward makes no sense.