Thumbs up RTJ in a Lethal Chassis UMP Modified tonight at Volusia at the Winter Nationals

Ricky Thornton Jr in a Lethal Chassis UMP DIRTcar Modified (#4R) tonight at Volusia Speedway Park for the 5th Annual Winter Nationals.
    Finished 4th in his heat race. 94 UMP DIRTcar Modifieds signed in.

Wheatfield, Indiana hot shoe #21A Nick Allen was the overall fast qualifier at 18.212

Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 02-03-2021 at 07:57 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

seemed to struggle last night excited to see how well he does tonight.

was glad to see Nick do well in his new car. What car was Justin Haley driving

Yes, good to see Hoffman outrun the guys who jumped ship; Congrats...Kind of surprised RTJ is not in a Longhorn though...

Why did they jump ship evel? Bad blood or just wanted to try something new?any idea?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

It's hard for a UMP guy to do USMTS or USRA, I'd think RTJ could switch this direction fairly easily. Curious to see how he does.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Why did they jump ship evel? Bad blood or just wanted to try something new?any idea?
    I think it hurt their ego's that he went out to the midwest and beat them. Nick is a hell of a driver, but at the end of the day we all think we are better than the next guy so when you get beat it has to be your equipment. In Nick's case, I think outrunning your customers finally made them decide that they may need to go another route (although I will promise you that Nick would help them anyway he could). Of the three basic pieces it takes to be successful (Car, Setup, Driver), what is the one piece most teams at that level can't change?...Driver, so if you can't beat them you have to try changing one of the other pieces. Their going to find out that they just need to get better at the driver part, Nick's cars are as good as anything and better than most...

Be interested to see what McKinney does this year... we need to get Mike Harrison out on the road for some entertainment
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Ricky Thornton Jr will NOT be racing the 4R car anymore this week. He has decided against driving it for ghe rest of the week.

"Be interested to see what McKinney does this year..."

He seems like he has struggled in the new Longhorn by Loebro chassis this week at Volusia. The only drivers in the new chassis, Strickler, Nicely, Arbin, and Nick Allen have been really fast and competitive right out of the gate as has Hoffman in his Elite chassis.

I believe Joey Logano is going to be in a Longhorn by Loebro at Volusia?
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    I believe Joey Logano is going to be in a Longhorn by Loebro at Volusia?
    Yes, he is tonight