Thread: Volusia bodies

Default Volusia bodies

What everyone's thought on this years body lines some are getting away with? Really crazy some of the cars im seeing passing tech

I was hoping somebody else had noticed. Seems like its usually the same guys getting away with it. I would like to see someone outside the normal try what i`m seeing and see if they have the same luck getting away with it

It is getting out of hand in my view.

LMM

Yeah, it's getting ridiculous.

Almost every year but it seems theres a new battle brewing with 2 manufactures. Its so obvious but with big names doing it its just a slide of hand

Those noses and Rears on those Elite Chassis look questionable. The fender flares on the rears are a huge question to me.

The sanctioning bodies have good rules on bodies , but are afraid to enforce the rules on name drivers. They don't want a driver to pick up their toys and go to a different sanctioning body. Mods are not suppose to be full bodied race cars. The late model racers are coming to mod shows and trying to make the open mods into a near full body race car with extreme aerodynamics.

Body rules in Florida are pretty lax. There are cars from multiple sanctioning bodies there and they don't say much about it down there.
    Has been that way for years.

I have won and passed tech down there, only to come back home, and have to start doing body modifications. this was 2005-2007. Best thing was, same tech inspector down there, as I had here in Indiana at the time.

He told me Sam was lax on rules due to what I explained above.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAddDirt View Post
    Body rules in Florida are pretty lax. There are cars from multiple sanctioning bodies there and they don't say much about it down there.Has been that way for years.I have won and passed tech down there, only to come back home, and have to start doing body modifications. this was 2005-2007. Best thing was, same tech inspector down there, as I had here in Indiana at the time.He told me Sam was lax on rules due to what I explained above.
    Makes sense 👍